FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2020 10:42 AM  #1

Whats your thoughts on painting your calipers red?

I was also Thinking Semi black or silver too. 

I bought MS front and rear disc brake brackets.  I have 2012 Mustang GT 13.2" Rotors/Calipers on the front and 2019 Mustang GT 13" Rotors/Calipers on the rear. 

8/01/2020 12:02 PM  #2

Re: Whats your thoughts on painting your calipers red?

I think I'm gunna be in the minority on this, but my plan is to re-powder coat a set of 01 Bullit calipers factory red.
Really like the running horse on the caliper. I passed on a lot of good Cobra lettered calipers waiting to find the Bullits. Wouldn't have painted any other caliper red, though they would'a been painted something.

Your car, your choice ... life's too short to be building a car to please other people.

Last edited by 50vert (8/01/2020 12:15 PM)

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

8/01/2020 12:04 PM  #3

I think it would depend on the color of the car. Mines red so I painted the calipers red. Personal choice I guess.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

8/01/2020 12:45 PM  #4

I like it, just not brave enough to do it yet...   IMO, the rear Ford calipers are kind of ugly in the first place, so I don't want to make them more visible.  If you have the right wheel & tire package to show them off, they can look really cool, though.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/01/2020 1:57 PM  #5

I done it and glad I did!.........I credit the red colored (no pun) caliper for putting me into the 9's!!
Jus say'in!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/01/2020 2:32 PM  #6

I see they have caliper covers for $225.  I can buy a lot of paint for that price...lol.

8/01/2020 5:09 PM  #7

I too have a red car, Porsche India red. I've yet to find a red caliper paint that doesn't clash with the red on my car. I lucked out with my dark grey Brembo calipers. If my car was any other color I'd have painted then red.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/01/2020 6:57 PM  #8

I think red calipers look good on a red car!

8/02/2020 12:07 AM  #9

Kristang wrote:

I think red calipers look good on a red car!

Ya, me too, on your red car. My red has too much orange in it to not clash.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/02/2020 7:01 AM  #10

Agreed!

8/02/2020 7:27 AM  #11

IMO – first, the calipers should to be of the larger size (like 4-piston, or larger versions) and the color must support the car’s color, i.e. red on a red, or black or white car (like Kristang’s car).
That’s my 2-cents.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/02/2020 5:14 PM  #12

Yes I agree

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

8/02/2020 6:33 PM  #13

Hey!! Kardad did and it looks su-per!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/06/2020 10:25 AM  #14

Thanks Guys for your input!   Im painting them Red the same color as my 69.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.