FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2020 9:02 AM  #1

Sunday Morning Drive out to the Horse Park

Woke up to a 68 degree morning with overcast and thought this would be a great time for a 30 minute drive out to the Horse Park.

I got some great photos while out there, and I know I love seeing the photos of you guys cars, so here’s a couple of the bunch I took.

8/02/2020 9:19 AM  #2

Re: Sunday Morning Drive out to the Horse Park

Very nice pix, Dad, and that is a fine lookin' pony there.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/02/2020 10:29 AM  #3

You are definitely making me want to get my 66 down off the storage lift and head out for a cruise.

Your car looks really good!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/02/2020 11:25 AM  #4

I love that shade of green. Really sharp looking pony dad.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/02/2020 12:43 PM  #5

Thanks for all the compliments guys, the 68 is a 20 footer at best with some of its nicks and dings, but I have always been scared to redo the paint as I’m afraid I won’t drive it. Now I drive and enjoy it. 

But again thanks for all the kind words, this thing has:
MS pedal assembly
MS clutch Cable
MS Power Booster
MS GT Brakes
MS Door Hinge pins

8/02/2020 3:18 PM  #6

Congrats on a very good looker, it's a driver, nicks and dings happen (no matter how much we try to avoid them), seems you've avoided most. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/02/2020 3:22 PM  #7

Sweeet! There's just something about a 68 Mustang.......

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

8/02/2020 4:29 PM  #8

kardad wrote:

Thanks for all the compliments guys, the 68 is a 20 footer at best with some of its nicks and dings, but I have always been scared to redo the paint as I’m afraid I won’t drive it. Now I drive and enjoy it.

Exactly as it should be.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/02/2020 4:34 PM  #9

Nice looking 68. Remember road rash is a badge of honour that the car is driven.
I would be hard pressed to count all the stone chips on my car, that’s why they make touch up paint.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

8/02/2020 5:46 PM  #10

As MS told me in Waco last year, "that's patina...you cain't buy that shxx!"

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/02/2020 6:32 PM  #11

Sweeet look'in ride!!!...........LOve the "stance"!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/02/2020 7:59 PM  #12

Nice looking ride !!!

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

8/03/2020 6:14 AM  #13

Nice 68!  My very first car, a 67 Cougar XR-7 6.5 Litre, was that same color with the black vinyl top.  Sigh.  

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

8/03/2020 6:34 AM  #14

The more I see lime gold, the more I like it ... seeing Bolted's real nice 67, convinced me to go back to the original lime gold colour.
Your's is a sweet lookin' car!

Last edited by 50vert (8/03/2020 6:44 AM)

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

8/03/2020 7:13 AM  #15

Looks great!
Drivers are the best...and they still turn heads.
If yours is a 20 footer...mine must be at least a 100 yarder!😁

8/03/2020 11:41 AM  #16

Gotta love a green car!!! Sounds like it was a nice day for a ride. 

I like the stance of your car....I bought the wrong rims to do that with mine. Where did the front valence come from? it looks like it allows for a lot more air flow when your not moving. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/03/2020 12:56 PM  #17

Not being a fan of how any of the aftermarket front or rear valances fit, and not finding what I wanted. I made this one using my original, I wanted to simulate the 67-68 SHELBY valance. I made the exhaust cut-outs for the rear as well. I am very happy with the front, but only so-so on the rear.

Once again, I cant thank you all enough for the kind words, I think we are always are own worst critics when it comes to our cars. I always tell people I could build another one just as nice for half the money, because now I know what parts were a success and what stuff was worthless.

8/03/2020 6:28 PM  #18

Nice car!!  Love the photos.  I had a 1965 Coupe that color, might not be popular but I really like that green!

What size are your Torque Thrusts?

Last edited by Kristang (8/03/2020 6:29 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.