FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2020 9:54 AM  #26

Re: 65 FB Brake Pedal issues

Yes it returns 
It feels like dead space for lack of a better description
There is no resistance until you hit about 1" off the floor. Brakes work at that point but i have not tried a hard brake yet. I don't think i will have much stopping power.
Its almost like i have too much vacuum. 
I have a fox body set up also, i may try to install it this weekend and see if i get improvements.

That my punishment for buying part store Tiwinesse  parts!

8/14/2020 9:59 AM  #27

Not running, foot on pedal is firm like manual brakes. Start the car foot goes to the bottom (1" off floor)
Release foot, pedal comes back to the top (Normal position)
Press pedal again, goes to the bottom. 
Release pedal, stop car,  press pedal, is firm again.  

8/14/2020 3:03 PM  #28

Have you disconnected booster and place a vacuum pump on it and see if installed booster is leaking?

If it’s leaking or bad check valve, as soon as engine is off, pedal will become hard immediately.

Usually can get one or two operations before vacuum is gone from booster.

Last edited by Nos681 (8/14/2020 3:05 PM)

8/15/2020 8:39 AM  #29

NOS 68,

It actually the opposite problem. I have damn near no pedal when running. Booster is pulling and holding the vacuum as it should.

8/15/2020 8:46 AM  #30

If you search this on the open Internet, you'll find similar discussions on other forums.  Replacing the brake booster corrected the issue on some of the threads I read.  I guess the real thing to do is to research how to verify your booster is definitely Okay.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

9/02/2020 1:44 PM  #31

Guys,
Im excited to say MS fox body master/booster set up has fixed my issue.
Freakin awesome brakes now. I can drive it

9/02/2020 4:42 PM  #32

Great!! Now you can start another project .... The Bonnie sounds interesting.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/02/2020 6:02 PM  #33

LOL
The FB is not finished yet...

Which Bonnie you interested in?  Might make you a unbelievable deal on it.
I tried, but just cant ride all at the same time

9/02/2020 6:43 PM  #34

Too many projects wrote:

Guys,
Im excited to say MS fox body master/booster set up has fixed my issue.
Freakin awesome brakes now. I can drive it

Yayyyy!
😎

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/02/2020 7:01 PM  #35

I noticed in your list of projects that you have a 67 Bobber, do you have more? I'm a fan of old British stuff.
I know that there are at least another coupl'a bike folks on the forum. How bout some pics?
When and if the 67 ever gets done, I'd like my last project to be a British bike, should be able to find the space for that.

9/02/2020 7:14 PM  #36

50Vert,

The bobber is a 67' with a 71' 750 5spd.
Ard Mag, Mikuni' Carbs, Hi lift cams, straight pipes (loud) built for speed.
Rigged with springer front, vintage invader rims, vintage leather embossed seat. 
Ill post some picture this weekend 
Its a head turner, 

Not the bike for a road trip, but really fun to run around the town.
O yea, right hand shift. It takes a little time to get use to that.

9/02/2020 7:21 PM  #37

Also have,
68' Bonnie 
Someone started to make a bobber, but didnt do a very good job on the fab work,
Has a lot of good parts, but is a project.
65' Tiger 650
Bought this because it was different,
Its has a lot of customer work, chopper with a springer. Who ever did the fab didnt do the correct geometry on the front wheel. Its heavy, but it can be fixed. Never even tried to start it. it has good parts too.

I probably have enough parts to build another bike.  
frame, "amen" springer swing arm (rare)
mags, carbs, etc.

So help me help you on your new project...

9/02/2020 8:09 PM  #38

I'd love to see some pics. After 40 years outta bikes, I don't think my attraction to springer fronts is what it use'ta be.

9/03/2020 8:07 AM  #39

Talking about bobbers Barry, years ago In my youth and immaturity I did this to a perfectly good 1952 Black Shadow.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/03/2020 5:21 PM  #40

WOW!!
Bet you wish you still had it Rudi. I'm sure ya wouldn't build it like that nowadays.
I had similar plans for a Square Four I once owned ... never did get it on the road, traded it in boxes for a car that I could stay dry and warm in.
If only we'd known then.

9/03/2020 5:57 PM  #41

Yeah, in the original form like when I first bought it it’s worth today is in the mid six figures, I got 300 bucks for it on a trade in for a new 1961 650 cc Gold Star Super Rocket, it’s another one I wish I still had.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/03/2020 7:57 PM  #42

My first experience with bikes was sitting on Dad's Black Shadow, that use'ta lean against the back of the shed, makin' bike noises.
It disappeared one day, found out years later that my eldest brother had pawned it for $30 ... Dad was not happy.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.