FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2020 10:37 AM  #1

64 falcon, 66 mustang turning signal swithch

after I have already replaced the turning signal switch on my 64 falcon 3 times over the years at nearly 100.00 I decided to try to use a cheaper alternative with the first generation mustang turning signal switch. even though the wiring colors are the same, something is off. yes, I did make a diagram of where everything was plugged into one another.
  so, this is the issue no brake lights, and no turning signal on the drivers side at the back, bulbs are good
 can anyone post me a wiring diagram for the mustang switch, or IF by chance has had a experience like this give me some direction i'd really appreciate it.

8/31/2020 8:48 PM  #2

Re: 64 falcon, 66 mustang turning signal swithch

Val.............you sure about your grounds?!
You using a meter or test light to check the circuits ?...........How are you checking the circuits?
Mustang Steve convinced me to bite the bullet and buy an original Ford turn signal switch (ONLY ONE that will hold up for more than a year!)
You DO KNOW the dual filament bulbs (I forget the number right now) IF you put'em in the socket up-side down  they will do-kinda-wonky!  (Don't axe how I fingered this out!!)
6sally6
You could always just give hand signals!!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/01/2020 5:34 AM  #3

I started this "adventure" because the turn signals wouldn't cancel, and the horn button broke off just like the others. every thing was working fine until I started this, as far as the lights go. it is a problem within me getting the wiring hooked up correctly. where in the world would I find an original  switch any way. local car show this weekend and I may just put it back together and tackle this another time. yes, I do know abut the dual filament bulbs. I didn't figure I needed to check the circuits since everything was working but the horn. I finally got a wiring diagram of the mustang turning signal switch, again one of my problems is "lack of talent" in the electrical dept.

9/03/2020 2:55 PM  #4

right or wrong here was the fix for the 65/66 turning signal switch going into a 64 falcon, removed the flasher from the wiring harness, put it in line with the blue wire from the car wiring harness, to the blue wire in the turn signal switch.

9/03/2020 6:24 PM  #5

The EMERGENCY flasher?!
Cool
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/04/2020 5:13 AM  #6

What’s an emergency flasher?

Thanks for reminding me of another project.😁

9/04/2020 8:00 AM  #7

always another project. boy I love these cars lol 

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

9/04/2020 9:04 AM  #8

Nos681 wrote:

😁

A Naked guy holding a red flare wearing an open overcoat.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/04/2020 10:06 AM  #9

Rudi wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

😁

You're a 'sick-puppy' Rudi!!
6s6

9/04/2020 8:32 PM  #10

Glad you got it sloved.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

9/06/2020 7:52 AM  #11

val fulesday wrote:

after I have already replaced the turning signal switch on my 64 falcon 3 times over the years at nearly 100.00 I decided to try to use a cheaper alternative with the first generation mustang turning signal switch. even though the wiring colors are the same, something is off. yes, I did make a diagram of where everything was plugged into one another.
  so, this is the issue no brake lights, and no turning signal on the drivers side at the back, bulbs are good
 can anyone post me a wiring diagram for the mustang switch, or IF by chance has had a experience like this give me some direction i'd really appreciate it.

Val - send a PM with your email address, I'll forward the wiring diagram for a 64-65 Mustang.

Last edited by BobE (9/06/2020 7:56 AM)

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

5/05/2021 4:51 PM  #12

Rudi wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

😁

Bahahaha...I missed this one Rudi.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.