FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2020 9:20 AM  #1

Help identifying Gas Pedal

****read comment below.  I know this is not a stock pedal assy.  I'm trying to find the manufactuer p/n of this pedal assy so I can buy a duplicate to re-engineer to change out the pad to the '66 style gas pedal.*****

This is the pedal currently installed on my 66.  Looks like it's a universal pedal assembly for fox body mustangs but I can't find it anywhere.

I want to take the pad off and fit a stock pad to complete the look.  But I wanted to buy a new pedal assy to modify and fit rather than pulling the old one off.  

Anyone have any clue who the manufacturer might be or where one like this can be found?  Thanks

Last edited by TremendousWand (9/14/2020 12:28 PM)

9/14/2020 11:09 AM  #2

Re: Help identifying Gas Pedal

That is definitely not a stock pedal assembly.  Stock has an angled pedal pad and a rod that goes up thru the grommet under your mounting plate.  The pad is hinged against the rod and yours looks solid.  If so, you may have some difficulty mounting a stock one.

Mustangs Plus has photos of the assembly and parts under Engine Parts.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

9/14/2020 11:34 AM  #3

Picture about Windsor Fox used an “automatic transmission-gas pedal“, pedal is flat.

I have a “manual transmission-gas pedal”, it’s curved.
Included are pictures of stock pedal and “foxbody manual transmission -gas pedal.”

There’s no pad to replace.
It’s some kinda of ABS plastic.

If you look closely, the foxbody pedal arm is bent sheet metal, not a solid rod.

image upload

Last edited by Nos681 (9/14/2020 11:36 AM)

9/14/2020 12:26 PM  #4

Ok, I don't think I was clear....

I know this is not THE stock mustang gas pedal.  I believe it is some universal pedal purchased as a replacement FOR the the stock mustang pedal.  I want to know the exact manufacturer p/n so I can modify the pedal assembly and just change the pad myself.  I'll figure out the engineering on my own.

I'm trying to identify this exact pedal assembly so I can buy a duplicate and hack at it and take measurements to change out just the pad.  I don't want to pull out the existing pedal or change out the whole assembly.  Everything is already wired and positioned to fit this one.  So long as I can just find a way to swap out the pad it will look nice.

I've been doing image searches and this far no dice.  

9/14/2020 4:38 PM  #5

kinda looks like something out of a late 70s GM, or AMC

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

9/14/2020 6:35 PM  #6

TremendousWand wrote:

****read comment below.  I know this is not a stock pedal assy.  I'm trying to find the manufactuer p/n of this pedal assy so I can buy a duplicate to re-engineer to change out the pad to the '66 style gas pedal.*****

This is the pedal currently installed on my 66.  Looks like it's a universal pedal assembly for fox body mustangs but I can't find it anywhere.

I want to take the pad off and fit a stock pad to complete the look.  But I wanted to buy a new pedal assy to modify and fit rather than pulling the old one off.  

Anyone have any clue who the manufacturer might be or where one like this can be found?  Thanks

Have you taken the pedal assembly out and see if there are any numbers on firewall bracket, pivot arm, or back side of pedal?

Any numbers/letters/symbols may help identify what it came from.
Did pedal come with the car?
Previous owner?
Just some ideas.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.