FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2020 2:25 PM  #1

Motor Mounts for 65 with Mustang II suspension kit and 92 EFI 5.0

What motor mounts?  Larry says he doesn't know if the 'old' 302's and the 5.0 302's have the same mount.  Ross (my son)  found a pair of motor mounts online for the Mustang II but we are not sure it will marry up to the 5.0

https://www.performanceonline.com/1964-73-ford-mustang-motor-mount-brackets-for-ifs-suspension-crossmember/

This is what we are asking about.  

They don't come with the rubber blocks and so I'm not sure what rubber block to order to go with the mounts either.  

Are these them?

https://www.performanceonline.com/1964-73-ford-mustang-motor-mount-brackets-for-ifs-suspension-crossmember/

I did do a search under 'motor mounts' for about five pages before I gave up looking.... We have temporary, home made mounts right now with no rubber.

Thank you!

I love my torque wrench. Deal with it.

10/19/2020 2:27 PM  #2

Re: Motor Mounts for 65 with Mustang II suspension kit and 92 EFI 5.0

10/19/2020 6:10 PM  #3

5.0 = 302 cu. in. in old skool math..........!

'Me tinkz' what you posted should bolt up....no prob.  (don't forget to run a grade 8 nut & bolt through the rubber and 'just' snug it up...not tight...this will keep the engine from tearing the rubber up when the engine torques.)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

10/20/2020 8:43 AM  #4

Deb, I think your best bet is to figure out the brand of MII front end the car has (Rod & Custom, Heidt's, Fatman, etc) and contact them to get their recommendation for motor mounts.

I don't recognize the mounts in your first link. (I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge base) The second link is the engine block side for the 66 and up cars (fits the Fox era 5.0's).  The engine part is only half the story.  The engine mount has to fit the "frame" mount, which in your case is the MII crossmember, which is not factory, so is hard for FYI'ers to make a recommendation without a visual.

We put an R&C MII kit in our 66.  Here is a link for their small block Ford motor mount kit.  When we bought the kit, it came with the motor mounts for our desired engine (4.6L) so we did not have to purchase the motor mounts separately.

https://rcmotorsportsinc.com/product/rc-159-motor-mount-kit/

Say "Hi" to Ross for me.  I am the guy that sent him a lot of the EFI stuff a couple of years ago.  Glad to hear that incremental progress is still being made on the car!

Last edited by TimC (10/20/2020 8:54 AM)

10/20/2020 11:13 PM  #5

6sally6 wrote:

5.0 = 302 cu. in. in old skool math..........!
6sal6

Cmmon Mike, 302 is SBF engine after the 289. 5.0 is roller cam version
BTW Hi Deb, & Larry too.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/21/2020 6:23 AM  #6

All the small blocks bolt up the same.  Two vertical 7/16” bolts Into the block on each side.

Typically the 66 type motor mount is used on the block.

The frame gets a steel tube with rubber or poly inserts and a long 7/16” bolt going through it, attaching to the two ears on the motor mount.

Same as your link shows

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/21/2020 4:37 PM  #7

Well, I found the 'HEIDTS' plaque on the crossmember, so that is answered.  I called the people in the link and they say they get all their suspension parts from Heidts so that's solved.

TimC, the fuel pump works really well so far!  Ross says hello and thank you!

Hey! Tubo!  Larry and I say hi right back!!

Thanks, MS....will start with the 66 mounts.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.