FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2020 4:22 PM  #26

Re: Who all is a military veteran?........What years did you do it?

BillyC wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

US Navy 1968-1976 - AD2 (Aviation Machinist's Mate) - active duty (Vietnam) with Heavy Attack Squadron 10 (VAH-10) - Douglas A-3 Skywarrior, served on the USS Hancock, CVA-19, then reserve duty with Patron Squadron 69 (VP-69) - Lockheed P-3 Orion. (Sorry about the giant pic - don't know how to shrink it!!)

My grandson is in AD A school right now. He’s going to a F18 Super Hornet squadron.

Oh, that sounds like a ton of fun!  Its like a Top Fuel dragster that can fly!

11/12/2020 4:56 PM  #27

Swedish Armed Forces
1978 - 1993, various positions, Platoon Commander, Quartermaster, Company Commander and Staff Member within the 44th Infantry Brigade.
2018 - ongoing, civilian position within IT.

11/12/2020 5:07 PM  #28

I salute you guys that served and the sacrifices you made.
Thank you!

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

11/12/2020 5:45 PM  #29

REAL SMALL...........I was stationed at PNSY awaiting construction of the SSN 646 I was the "plankie" on. 1968 -1969
We use to go to Pease AFB to "shop" while I was in Kittery / Portsmouth!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/12/2020 6:29 PM  #30

If it wasn’t for everyone and my dad of course, who knows if mom and I would be alive.
I believe we left Vietnam in ‘71...mom and dad still couldn’t agree what day they married in Saigon...international dateline disagreement.😁

USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN-72)-Plankowner

USS DAVID R RAY (DD-971)

11/12/2020 8:13 PM  #31

Nos681 wrote:

If it wasn’t for everyone and my dad of course, who knows if mom and I would be alive.
I believe we left Vietnam in ‘71...mom and dad still couldn’t agree what day they married in Saigon...international dateline disagreement.😁

USS DAVID R RAY (DD-971)

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we're glad y'all made it outta there.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/12/2020 10:00 PM  #32

US Army 1984 to 1987. National Guards 1988 to 1992.  Gulf War Veteran. 

11/13/2020 6:18 AM  #33

Hakan wrote:

Swedish Armed Forces
1978 - 1993, various positions, Platoon Commander, Quartermaster, Company Commander and Staff Member within the 44th Infantry Brigade.
2018 - ongoing, civilian position within IT.

Is a minimum term of service compulsory in Sweden?  I thought I remembered hearing that.  I know some countries do that like Israel.  Honestly I think its a great idea.

11/13/2020 11:55 AM  #34

Thanks to all for your service. Hope yall enjoyed your day. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

11/13/2020 3:24 PM  #35

TKOPerformance wrote:

Is a minimum term of service compulsory in Sweden?  I thought I remembered hearing that.  I know some countries do that like Israel.  Honestly I think its a great idea.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Conscription in Sweden
Sweden has had mandatory military service for men since 1901, although peacetime conscription was deactivated between 2010 and 2017. When peacetime conscription was mothballed in 2010, the law on conscription was simultaneously made gender-neutral. In 2017, the Swedish government decided to reactivate military conscription, referencing increased threats to national security. Beginning in 2018, over 4,000 women and men were called up for service. The conscripts were chosen from a pool of approximately 13,000 young people born in 1999 to serve for 12 months."

Since a couple of month the Swedish government is also considering the re-establishment of three to four regiments that were closed back in the nineties. The "reactivation" mentioned in the Wikipedia quote above also includes a lot of other things besides conscription and new units. 

All of the above makes it easy to go to work every day.

11/13/2020 3:59 PM  #36

I'm liking your country more and more

"There's nothing finer than a fine @$$ woman holding a gun, and you're just all kinds of fine."  - Michael Clark Duncan from The Whole Nine Yards (RIP)

11/13/2020 4:23 PM  #37

Not a pilot, Mike, aircrew. Didn't get my pilot's license until after I got out. Then I got married, had kids, and had no money to fly anymore.....

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

11/13/2020 4:26 PM  #38

When I was in Israel a couple years back, I couldn't believe all the hot looking young women in uniform walking around with assault rifles slung over their backs. They too have compulsory military service for all citizens.

11/13/2020 4:34 PM  #39

Nos681 wrote:

USS DAVID R RAY (DD-971)

I took a PR cruise in Puget Sound on the Lincoln from Everett to Seattle. They actually had air ops while we sat on bleachers forward of the island watching the landings and takeoffs. I thought to myself, remembering my days on the USS Hancock - what happens if they get a broken wire or a hook skip? We would have been toast! I used to cruise by it quite often when it was berthed at NS Everett, when I took my boat out. 

11/13/2020 5:56 PM  #40

USAF 87-90 and USAF National Guard 91-94 Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Technician, US ARMY 95-2016 Light-Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Special Forces Medical Sergeant, Signal Officer, and Physician Assistant.  I could not decide what I wanted to be, I finally grew up!

11/13/2020 7:39 PM  #41

All you Vets ROCK! Thank you for your service.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

11/13/2020 10:08 PM  #42

Makes me feel a little safer to know I am surrounded by a bunch-of-war-mongerz!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/13/2020 10:12 PM  #43

11/14/2020 12:05 AM  #44

I served in the United States Army from 1969 to 1980.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

11/14/2020 7:02 AM  #45

Ron68 wrote:

When I was in Israel a couple years back, I couldn't believe all the hot looking young women in uniform walking around with assault rifles slung over their backs. They too have compulsory military service for all citizens.

Yep, Gal Gadot who plays Wonder Woman in the DC films served in the Israeli army as a weapons and hand to hand combat instructor.  She got her first major roles in the Fast & Furious series because she knew how to handle firearms and could help coach the other actors.  Of course, the fact that she was also a former Miss Israel and model didn't hurt either

11/14/2020 7:08 AM  #46

Hakan wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

Conscription in Sweden
Sweden has had mandatory military service for men since 1901, although peacetime conscription was deactivated between 2010 and 2017. When peacetime conscription was mothballed in 2010, the law on conscription was simultaneously made gender-neutral. In 2017, the Swedish government decided to reactivate military conscription, referencing increased threats to national security. Beginning in 2018, over 4,000 women and men were called up for service. The conscripts were chosen from a pool of approximately 13,000 young people born in 1999 to serve for 12 months."

Since a couple of month the Swedish government is also considering the re-establishment of three to four regiments that were closed back in the nineties. The "reactivation" mentioned in the Wikipedia quote above also includes a lot of other things besides conscription and new units. 

She makes me want to be a POW!

11/14/2020 5:17 PM  #47

Chaplin wrote:

Hakan wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

Conscription in Sweden

She makes me want to be a POW!

A lot to be said for those blonde & blue eye'd .....uhhhhhhh..........soldiers. WOW!!!
6s6

11/14/2020 7:15 PM  #48

If I saw her on the battlefield I'd probably just think I'd died and gone to Valhalla.  I do love my warrior women!

12/16/2020 8:27 PM  #49

Royal Canadian Air Force 1965 - 1997 flying fighters and having more fun than one should be able to have with ones clothes on.

12/17/2020 6:02 PM  #50

riwall wrote:

Royal Canadian Air Force 1965 - 1997 flying fighters and having more fun than one should be able to have with ones clothes on.

CF-104?  Would have loved to go for a ride in one and fill up a barf bag!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.