FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2020 1:08 PM  #1

Off topic

I made good money in my life as an accountant.  My very best lifetime memories, however, are with these magnificent Falcons and Mustangs.  They have been mysterious, rewarding and have provided so many challenges important in any life.  They have introduced me to many really great people at my shop and here online
To all you fantastic friends, thanks for putting up with my mistakes, corny jokes, gentle sarcasm, and over long winded posts.
Signing off.
Best,
Larry Hackney
Aka Al Newman

Classic cars are full of surprises and almost none of them are good ones!

11/24/2020 2:15 PM  #2

Re: Off topic

Are you leaving us Al?

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

11/24/2020 2:17 PM  #3

Al,thanks for being part of this great experiment. BTW, the third member in my fastback is as quiet as a church mouse! Thanks!

11/24/2020 5:21 PM  #4

This does sound like a good bye. Let us hope not.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

11/24/2020 10:07 PM  #5

Larry,
Thanks for your friendship, your absolute JOY at vintage races, and the fantastic grilled sausages you threw on the heat and shared w me just because.
Paul

11/25/2020 6:09 AM  #6

Thanks Al, and back atchya.  I don't think we've ever met but you've made a difference in my life with your wisdom and knowledge.  

Thank you, and thanks to all the others of you who have made similar contributions!

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

11/25/2020 8:03 AM  #7

I hope this isn't goodbye.  I've always enjoyed your posts.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/25/2020 11:34 AM  #8

Sorry if you are leaving us Larry, was it something we said?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/25/2020 10:00 PM  #9

I have tried to contact him by phone. No reply.  Hoping he is ok. Will keep trying.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/29/2020 1:24 PM  #10

Pray all is well! 

11/29/2020 1:42 PM  #11

Jeeperz Al.......Thanx for all your input "with-all-things-SBF"..
I remember you flipa-helluva burger at one of the TEXAS Bashes!  I have continued to gain weight since then!! 
(YOU musta caused it!)
Hope you still hang around and put-in from time-to-time.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/29/2020 6:42 PM  #12

I have still not heard back from Al Newman after making two calls.

11/29/2020 9:56 PM  #13

I really really hope he is just traveling or spending time with loved ones. I do not know him other than seeing his posts here on the board. Praying all is well.

12/01/2020 6:22 PM  #14

Pray all is well Mr Al !,

12/03/2020 8:39 PM  #15

Good night can we kept this thread going until we find about Big Al well being pray all s well to all!

Last edited by Coupedaddy (12/03/2020 8:48 PM)

12/05/2020 8:13 PM  #16

Pray all is well !!!!!!!

1/09/2021 7:48 AM  #17

Wondering if there is any news/update?  TIA

1/09/2021 9:11 AM  #18

I have tried to contact Al Newman by phone.  No response.  I tried to contact his wife Debra and also got no response.  I have been friends with him for many years but now do not live close enough to drop in. I know he had been having some medical issues earlier but my last lunch with him around a year ago showed him in good shape.
I wish I could get a reply from Debra at least, but no response.
At one point, he was selling off projects and parts due to his condition, but he got better. He was not one who wanted his situation publicized on the forum. We had discussed that.
Bottom line:  no idea what happened or is going on.  I do not think he had reason to be mad at us.

1/09/2021 10:49 AM  #19

I guess it is what it is.  Thank you for the update.

1/09/2021 12:36 PM  #20

Great news.  I just got a call from Al Newman.  He is still around, but no longer doing any wrenching on cars. Medical issues are slowing him down, but he is still active.  He just doesn't mess with cars any more.  He is not one to like getting a lot of calls or attention, so his previous post was just to let us know he will not be doing the fyiford forum any more.

1/09/2021 1:08 PM  #21

Well, that is good news.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

1/09/2021 1:32 PM  #22

I like hearing this update. All the best to Al and thanks MS...

1/09/2021 4:20 PM  #23

Thank you MS, and thank you Al for letting us know, and all the best to you.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/09/2021 8:48 PM  #24

Awesome thanks 🙏🏼 all is well

1/09/2021 9:23 PM  #25

Good news that he is doing ok.

Of course, just because he isn't wrenching on cars anymore doesn't mean he can't still hang out and shoot the sh!t.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.