FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2018 4:54 PM  #1

GT40P heads

Spent some time today at my local LKQ pull a part and came home with a set of these heads..........for $90...

I'll never do that again.....too much crapola to remove just to get to the heads.....ain't worth busted knuckles and a sore back......so one set on the shop shelf awaiting a future project is good enough for me......

12/04/2018 5:17 PM  #2

Re: GT40P heads

Good Job!  It would have to be a very current need to get me to a PNP in these weather conditions.

If you have one of those battery powered impact drivers, those JY trips tend to go a lot quicker.

12/04/2018 6:48 PM  #3

TimC wrote:

Good Job!  It would have to be a very current need to get me to a PNP in these weather conditions.

If you have one of those battery powered impact drivers, those JY trips tend to go a lot quicker.

I bought a couple of Dewalt impact drivers and they are nice to used in stead of dragging the air hose around.

12/04/2018 10:00 PM  #4

TimC wrote:

Tim,
Today was a good day to do this......in 48 hours we're supposed to be hit with freezing rain followed by snow....typically when that happens around here the power lines come down.....and my generator is in Michigan....

12/07/2018 3:48 PM  #5

I picked a whole P motor for $280 for a friend. $130, for the engine, $50 core,
and $100 for them to pull it

I'm not a complete idiot.....pieces are missing. Tom

12/07/2018 4:03 PM  #6

Huskinhano wrote:

I picked a whole P motor for $280 for a friend. $130, for the engine, $50 core,
and $100 for them to pull it

Given the opportunity, I'd do the same thing here.  $100 for their labor is well worth it....

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.