FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2021 8:29 PM  #1

Off topic, lost a good friend today

My good friend, Truman, passed away from covid this morning after 9 days in the hospital. He was 67 years old and we worked together from 1979 until we both retired in 2012. 

Not Mustang related, but he did email a picture of himself standing in front of a 65 coupe he saw at a car show while on a campout, just to let me know he was thinking of me.

Sorry to see a good, honest, normally healthy guy knocked down from this terrible virus.

No need to start any covid thread here. Just letting everyone know we can easily become very fragile.   Be safe out there.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/15/2021 5:47 AM  #2

Re: Off topic, lost a good friend today

Sorry for your loss MS. 

1/15/2021 7:26 AM  #3

I'm so sorry to hear that, Steve.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/15/2021 8:28 AM  #4

Condolences to Steve and Josh.

It is very strange how some people are asymptomatic and it kills other people. I've had a few people in my extended family get it, including my 81yo FIL who was in a nursing home. I figured he was a goner since he was very frail and compromised, but his worst symptom was a runny nose.  The virus did take out 25% of the residents of his place, though.

Stay safe everyone.

1/15/2021 9:41 AM  #5

Hey guys, Sorry for the loss.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/15/2021 9:52 AM  #6

dammit it  sooooo sorry   ,   this is getting extremely worrisome.   everyone needs to be safe.  I'm now 1b1 risk and on three dif counties waiting line for a shot.  told it could be 2-4 months wait.  WTF   

1/15/2021 10:48 AM  #7

I'm sorry for all your losses. I apologize if this is not the appropriate place and I debated about posting this. These were not COVID related, I lost my mom last week and Brenda lost her mom last month. My mom lived with my sister and Brenda's mom lived with us. Although it would have been easier we would not put either one in skilled facilities due to COVID. Brenda's moms brother is in the hospital right now, going down hill due to COVID. This is starting to get real, be careful and take care of yourself.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

1/15/2021 11:31 AM  #8

Just as example of how precious life is.......Science has come soooo far in our life times but......it's hard to explain why young seemingly healthy people die and old fat/smokers/heavy drinkers live to a ripe old age! 
Sorry for all you guyz who lost loved ones recently.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/15/2021 4:24 PM  #9

Very sorry to hear about all the losses.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

1/15/2021 5:57 PM  #10

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friends, MS and Josh. So far I don't know anyone personally who has succumbed to the virus, just a couple who luckily got it and got over it with no issues. Praying for us all that we don't lose anyone else we know. I'm 71 and on a waiting list for getting the vaccine. Hopefully I'll be contacted soon. My daughter who is a nurse has already gotten her first shot - the Moderna one and had no issues with it. Stay safe everyone.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

1/16/2021 7:16 PM  #11

I haven't looked at the Forum in a while so I didn't know about this until today when I got a text from MS.  My condolences to everyone during this trying time.  Please stay safe.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

1/17/2021 7:10 AM  #12

Sorry for your loss

1/17/2021 9:59 AM  #13

Sorry for your loses.
Although I do not personally know anyone who has died, a friend's son is a NYC Police Officer who had Covid last March, has recovered from the harsh effects (didn't go on a ventilator) but is still dealing with the loss of taste and smell that is coming back very slowly. 
My wife and I are scheduled for the vaccine the end of this month ... hope they don't run out beforehand. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

1/17/2021 11:45 AM  #14

Sorry for your loss.  My bro-in-law's friend passed away last week from Covid.. 39 years old. Scary stuff.

jerry

1/18/2021 8:06 AM  #15

Sorry for your loss,It sure is a mysterious virus be safe.

If its worth doing do it right !

1/18/2021 7:33 PM  #16

I AM GETTING MY SECOND SHOT THIS THURSDAY. I WORK SECURITY AT A HOSPITAL AFTER OVER 20 YEARS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT ....I HAVE HAD SEVERAL FRIENDS DIE FROM IT AND SOME RECOVER. I HAVE PUT LOTS OF PEOPLE IN MORGUE THIS PAST YEAR PART OF MY JOB PUTTING THEM IN BODYBAGS ,,,,,SEVERAL A NIGHT SOMETIMES. IT'S TERRIBLE. A MAJORITY STILL THINK ITS A COLD ,,,,AFTER WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND PEOPLE LOSING FAMILY MEMBERS OUT OF THE SAME HOUSE . OR LOSE SEVERAL MEMBERS FROM YOR CHURCH OR WORK PLACE. MOST WONT BELEIVE TILL THEY ARE CLOSE TO THE PERSON.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (1/18/2021 7:35 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

1/18/2021 7:38 PM  #17

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

I AM GETTING MY SECOND SHOT THIS THURSDAY. I WORK SECURITY AT A HOSPITAL AFTER OVER 20 YEARS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT ....I HAVE HAD SEVERAL FRIENDS DIE FROM IT AND SOME RECOVER. I HAVE PUT LOTS OF PEOPLE IN MORGUE THIS PAST YEAR PART OF MY JOB PUTTING THEM IN BODYBAGS ,,,,,SEVERAL A NIGHT SOMETIMES. IT'S TERRIBLE. A MAJORITY STILL THINK ITS A COLD ,,,,AFTER WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND PEOPLE LOSING FAMILY MEMBERS OUT OF THE SAME HOUSE . OR LOSE SEVERAL MEMBERS FROM YOR CHURCH OR WORK PLACE. MOST WONT BELEIVE TILL THEY ARE CLOSE TO THE PERSON.

Thanks, BILLY.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

1/19/2021 8:08 PM  #18

Sorry guys for your losses!  Our janitor in our small office passed away from covid in November.  Pretty Sad!  It effects everyone differently and I’ll continue to take precautions until it’s gone.  Hopefully soon!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.