FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2021 8:28 PM  #1

1/14/2021 9:06 PM  #2

Re: Wood you do this? Could you do this.

And I thought you were nuts with the convertible! That is some very skillful wood work.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

1/15/2021 5:56 AM  #3

The chainsaw was great for dramatic effect.  A circular saw would have done the same thing.  Yeah, I probably could do it with enough time and motivation.  I carved a handful of decoys when I was a kid.  Its pretty much the same methodology.  The amazing stuff is the interior, engine, and trunk.  Getting the basic shape wouldn't be that tough.  Guy has mad skills. 

1/15/2021 9:54 AM  #4

I bet I would go through about 8 blocks trying to get to that and still wind up with firewood!!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/15/2021 11:56 AM  #5

Reminds me of the old joke......."wood-eye----wood-eye.........?" Remind me this summer!!

Quite-the-carver(the guy... not the Mustang...which BTW WAS quite-the-canyon-carver...not  to be confused with George Washington CARVER...who WAS a carver too..I think...unless he was a
Cave-er/spelunker...or was that his wife??? or his GF?? not too sure butt .....anyhow, yeah cool)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/16/2021 8:13 PM  #6

6sally6 wrote:

Reminds me of the old joke......."wood-eye----wood-eye.........?" Remind me this summer!!
6sal6

Hairlip- hairlip.....  is that the joke Sal???????

1/16/2021 10:07 PM  #7

terry wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sal6

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/17/2021 7:07 AM  #8

That's impressive but I do not think I would have the skills to pull that off.

1/17/2021 7:37 AM  #9

terry wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sal6

I thought the punchline was more like "@#$% you peg leg". 

1/17/2021 9:49 AM  #10

Sure I could, if I had the tools, talent and time ... which I don't!

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

1/17/2021 6:56 PM  #11

To answer the question, I wood knot do it.....

1/17/2021 8:31 PM  #12

I did that kind of stuff way back in the old days. I knocked out door knob holes and latch holes. Never was any good at it.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.