FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2021 6:16 PM  #1

PGM Mini starter for 66 289 5 speed 157 tooth flywheel for T5

having issues getting a correct PGM Mini starter for my 66 269 manual with 5 speed T5 ORIG 4 Spd bellhousing clutch and flywheel
does anyone know what year fox body mini starter or any starter that will fit my car, parts sources here in canada get lost soon as i mention 65 mustang and it all falls apart from there
ordering state side isn't an option right now with customs and brokerage charges
part # make etc would help

4/22/2021 7:49 AM  #2

Re: PGM Mini starter for 66 289 5 speed 157 tooth flywheel for T5

5/03/2021 7:57 AM  #3

Re: PGM Mini starter for 66 289 5 speed 157 tooth flywheel for T5

Just an FYI, while I'm not sure what the fitment problem is with your mini-starter, I have the stock starter with my T-5, but have the T-5 bellhousing and flywheel.  I had to use a starter for an automatic as the 'manual' starter wouldn't engage the flywheel properly, just catching a small portion of the flywheel teeth.  The automatic starter nose is longer (I think by 3/4") and works just fine.
Also, your question will get a wider audience on the 'forum'.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.