| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline

Well I didn't like the way the HL bucket and fender were matching up
Because of the broken tab(I know, I know, there is a kit to fix this but what fun is that?)
So I made up my own fix
Drilled a 1/4" hole in the bucket
Tack welded the bracket into the bucket
Put the 1/4" bolt thru the hole and into the bracket clip
[img][/IMG[/img]
Tightened everything up and it looks much better(Well, as good as it can for having repop fenders)
Offline
Ingenuity, Scotch and TopSiders.
Classic Mike!
Offline
Tubo wrote:
Ingenuity, Scotch and TopSiders.
Classic Mike!
I got a pair just like those. Oh Yea, I also got a pair of frnders just like those. I like your fix!
Offline
Very good thinkin' Mike. Don'tcha just love figger'n stuff out.
BB
Offline

Really....."nifty"!
Surprised that old pot metal would take the heat of welding!
Turned out good!
6s6
Offline

6sally6 wrote:
Really....."nifty"!
Surprised that old pot metal would take the heat of welding!
Turned out good!
6s6
I think I said I welded to the bucket butt(TS) actually it's welded to the sheetmetal. I did try to do some repair on one of the buckets with a small torch and I found out real quick that it melts faster than ice.
The shoes are comfortable and they come off real quick when some of that hot slag drops inside them.![]()
Offline
Pretty awesome my left buckets Brocken to and at over a hundred for aftermarket that probably lines up horrible I might try this
Offline
You should post this on the budget fixes or add ons
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |