FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2013 4:37 PM  #1


My broken headlight bucket fix

Well I didn't like the way the HL bucket and fender were matching up




Because of the broken tab(I know, I know, there is a kit to fix this but what fun is that?)




So I made up my own fix




Drilled a 1/4" hole in the bucket




Tack welded the bracket into the bucket



Put the 1/4" bolt thru the hole and into the bracket clip


[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2rpz1fn.jpg[/IMG[/img]


Tightened everything up and it looks much better(Well, as good as it can for having repop fenders)





 


66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend
 

10/23/2013 5:04 PM  #2


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

Ingenuity, Scotch and TopSiders.
Classic Mike!


If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet
 

10/23/2013 7:01 PM  #3


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

Tubo wrote:

Ingenuity, Scotch and TopSiders.
Classic Mike!

 I got a pair just like those.  Oh Yea, I also got a pair of frnders just like those. I like your fix!

 

10/23/2013 7:52 PM  #4


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

Very good thinkin' Mike.  Don'tcha just love figger'n stuff out.

BB


"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"
 

10/23/2013 8:42 PM  #5


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

Really....."nifty"!
Surprised that old pot metal would take the heat of welding!
Turned out good!
6s6


Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8
 

10/24/2013 5:27 AM  #6


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

6sally6 wrote:

Really....."nifty"!
Surprised that old pot metal would take the heat of welding!
Turned out good!
6s6

 I think I said I welded to the bucket butt(TS) actually it's welded to the sheetmetal.  I did try to do some repair on one of the buckets with a small torch and I found out real quick that it melts faster than ice.

The shoes are comfortable and they come off real quick when some of that hot slag drops inside them.


66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend
     •Thread Starter
 

10/24/2013 10:05 AM  #7


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

Pretty awesome my left buckets Brocken to and at over a hundred for aftermarket that probably lines up horrible I might try this

 

10/25/2013 12:53 PM  #8


Re: My broken headlight bucket fix

You should post this on the budget fixes or add ons

 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.