FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2022 6:33 PM  #1

I am SEARCHING for a ISO bubble flare brass plug 10 mm

no LOCAL  parts place I can find has them ....as in they don't stock anything like  that in that size.
I am having  s197 MustangSteve rear disc brakes and front disc. I am need to block off a port that normally has a ISO bubble flare brake fitting.....Beginning t wonder if a Brass 10 mm bolt would work. Saw these on Amazon and I think this is the write ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Brake-Line-Plugs-M10-Pair/dp/B0748N5XJQ/ref=asc_df_B0748N5XJQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312430092407&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3811712134942103180&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010822&hvtargid=pla-569890090559&psc=1

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (4/26/2022 9:55 AM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/25/2022 6:48 PM  #2

Re: I am SEARCHING for a ISO bubble flare brass plug 10 mm

Those look different than what I used but should do the job

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/25/2022 6:52 PM  #3

I have literally looked everywhere local and Napa of all places said I mentioned Bubble Flare said no. Where do people get them??  Will a Brass bolt in 10 mm  1.0 work?

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (4/25/2022 6:57 PM)

4/25/2022 6:53 PM  #4

MS wrote:

Those look different than what I used but should do the job

where did you get the ones you used?

4/25/2022 7:39 PM  #5

inlinetube.com

They sell on eBay too.

I purchased my braided lines from them.

4/25/2022 8:32 PM  #6

Nos681 wrote:

inlinetube.com

They sell on eBay too.

I purchased my braided lines from them.

I searched ebay and their website and don't see any.

4/25/2022 11:36 PM  #7

A 10x1mm bolt and copper washer will work just fine Billy.

4/26/2022 6:43 AM  #8

I’ve found some odd stuff on Amazon.

4/26/2022 10:07 AM  #9

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/26/2022 11:42 AM  #10

Mustsed’s idea will work if the top of the hole is nice and square.
Good idea.

4/29/2022 4:34 AM  #11

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

no LOCAL  parts place I can find has them ....as in they don't stock anything like  that in that size.
I am having  s197 MustangSteve rear disc brakes and front disc. I am need to block off a port that normally has a ISO bubble flare brake fitting.....Beginning t wonder if a Brass 10 mm bolt would work. Saw these on Amazon and I think this is the write ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Brake-Line-Plugs-M10-Pair/dp/B0748N5XJQ/ref=asc_df_B0748N5XJQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312430092407&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3811712134942103180&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010822&hvtargid=pla-569890090559&psc=1

the " stop shop " can help : https://www.amazon.com/Metric-Brake-Fitting-Tube-Bubble/dp/B01DAQ0O9W

4/29/2022 1:41 PM  #12

I once had a rear drum brake do sideways on me on a 1950 Willys up in the woods while deer hunting. I couldn't use the brakes at all. I had a friend who was with me drive me back into town (a little town way out in the woods). We got the owner of the small hardware store in town to open up after hours and I found some small brass rivets. I got one and drove back up into the woods. I put the rivet into the bore of the brake cylinder and torqued the brake line fitting back on really tight onto the rivet head. It held okay with no leaks and I drove home on three brakes.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/30/2022 8:08 AM  #13

Ron68 wrote:

I once had a rear drum brake do sideways on me on a 1950 Willys up in the woods while deer hunting. I couldn't use the brakes at all. I had a friend who was with me drive me back into town (a little town way out in the woods). We got the owner of the small hardware store in town to open up after hours and I found some small brass rivets. I got one and drove back up into the woods. I put the rivet into the bore of the brake cylinder and torqued the brake line fitting back on really tight onto the rivet head. It held okay with no leaks and I drove home on three brakes.

Could have just used some lead shot or cut the tip off a bullet.  Unless you were hunting with bow & arrow.

4/30/2022 6:16 PM  #14

MS wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

Could have just used some lead shot or cut the tip off a bullet. Unless you were hunting with bow & arrow.

We weren't bird hunting and my bullets had plastic tips (ballistic tips), otherwise that might have been a good alternative.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.