FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2020 11:36 AM  #51

Re: “Other” forums

PLEASE don't make it like the Facebook groups. They seem mostly for posting photos and showing off. I have not posted here for a long  time, but still check in with some regularity. I recommend this forum to all vintage Mustang owners I meet. It is the go to spot in my opinion for someone trying to figure stuff out or learn a hobby that may be new to them. Where else are you going to find a large group of experts that are able and willing to help. If the search engine thing can be addressed, by all means try to improve that. I recommend that everyone continue the word of mouth campaign like I do, with everyone you meet who owns a vintage Mustang. The membership is all over the world, so it still has an impact in this digital age.

10/09/2020 1:21 PM  #52

I follow a couple of pages on facebook but I do not visit them on a daily basis nor do I post questions on them.  I will occasionally reply to a post but not very often.  If I see a ton of replies I just move on.  Yes I have seen some not so helpful replies.  I prefer to visit here and I do go to the vmf site.  For some reason I find myself always visit MS forum before I go to any other sites.  I think it's because I feel like most here have been around and are just laid back mustang people.

I guess the one good thing about the facebook traffic is it may likely keep people interested in vintage mustangs.

10/10/2020 5:26 PM  #53

My question would be though, do they spend time talking about restoring classic mustangs, or do they actually restore them?  I've noticed a trend, especially among a lot of younger folks to be interested in cars in a way that is kind of hands off.  They have some knowledge and talk about things to do, but often stop short of getting their hands dirty.  I'd rather not be a part of a forum that condones that.  I love the fact that all the people on here actually wrench on their own stuff 99% of the time. 

5/16/2022 11:13 AM  #54

One thought that might perk up the forum a bit.  

There really isn't an off topic section.  Now I don't mean off topic like arguing that the earth is flat, or the moon landing was fake.  Off topic as in non-mustang automotive / boat / plane / shop related section.  

I have not been posting squat for the past couple months because my mustang is in paint jail.  There really isn't much to say about my car at the moment.  Car sits in shop, car gets worked on by paint guy, my wallet gets lighter...

Now on the other hand I always have some other project cooking.  Working on something in the shop, working on some other car etc.  Not the main focus of the forum, but it might be social and fun to have some place for folks to hammer on keys describing non-mustang stuff.

5/16/2022 12:00 PM  #55

I've thought about that too.  Maybe like a General Questions/Discussion section? 

5/16/2022 3:10 PM  #56

GOOD IDEA

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/16/2022 6:13 PM  #57

I can run with that.

“If you have a question or comment about some mechanical item other than your FORD, you may be surprised at the wealth of knowledge the members of this forum can provide”

What shall we name it?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/16/2022 6:55 PM  #58

Sal’s Back Porch

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/16/2022 7:41 PM  #59

Rudi wrote:

Sal’s Back Porch

YES

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/17/2022 4:39 AM  #60

Or "Mixed Nuts". 

5/17/2022 7:45 AM  #61

Lol- both good names.

5/17/2022 9:40 AM  #62

Bpaw wrote:

I don't post very much but I check this site almost every day. I have been building a 68 coupe for years as I can find time and the information on this site is invaluable. You don't have to sift through the crap and politics on like other sites. I am employed in a field everyone seems to hate (if you listen to the news) and this is the first site I go to to "get away" when I fire up the computer. I have done several MustangSteve upgrades. The guys that frequent this site are good people and I really enjoy it. Please don't change!

OH.....KAYYYYYY!

anybody ever figgered out just  'what field'  this fella Bpaw is in?! (see post 23)
 He only posted a hand full of times sooooooooo .......
(just re-read the post and saw the reply he made)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/17/2022 10:03 AM  #63

I don't have a facebook account anymore and know of alot buddys that do not either. If someone needs info on a related topic of interest, they should LOOK for it IMHO. 

But that's just me, the older one!

Mustsed

5/17/2022 10:04 AM  #64

Rudi wrote:

Sal’s Back Porch

LOL

5/17/2022 3:35 PM  #65

Mustsed wrote:

I don't have a facebook account anymore and know of alot buddys that do not either. If someone needs info on a related topic of interest, they should LOOK for it IMHO. 

But that's just me, the older one!

Mustsed

As discussed on another thread I'm one of the younger members here, but I've NEVER been on Facebook.  Sites like that are IMO a time suck.  I'll spend my time on forums getting info and trying to help people.  Just seems a MUCH better use of my time than looking at everyone's vacation pictures, etc.

5/18/2022 11:26 AM  #66

I am looking forward to hanging out on “The back porch”…

5/18/2022 12:46 PM  #67

I do have a concern, the more you dilute the forum the less activity per "page".  the original forum had two pages, the main page and the swap meet. Meaning all the kinds of things on the “other pages” that we currently have ended up in one place, the main forum. This forum currently has 10 pages: main page, swap meet, and bash info makes sense as stand alones but the other pages are getting posts that would normally be on the main page.  That means you need to go into each section to find new activity and you can’t be in 10 places at once.  Forums on other formats show new activity across the index so you can see an "off topic" post you might be interested in.  I think its less likely that people will check all the different pages here and instead of, "adding a new page" helping boost participation, it will reduce the participation in the main section.  Thats my 2¢

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

5/18/2022 3:07 PM  #68

It was my thinking that, if I add a page, some little-used pages will go away.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/18/2022 4:23 PM  #69

You can remove the bottom 4 entries as far as I am concerned.  They could be merged with the Stories page.  I like the stories page.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by lowercasesteve (5/18/2022 4:24 PM)

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

5/18/2022 5:02 PM  #70

As I was reading the comments on this topic, it dawned on me that “fyi,boardhost”….aka FYI ….has no mention of “Mustang” in title.

Not everyone searching for Mustang will enter Ford as a search criteria…. I don’t either.

I would be like, “what’s a boardhost”? …next….
Mustang Steve missed out on traffic.

Just my observation, no offense intended.

I did share this with Michael when I noticed it yesterday.

5/18/2022 5:50 PM  #71

Nos681 wrote:

As I was reading the comments on this topic, it dawned on me that “fyi,boardhost”….aka FYI ….has no mention of “Mustang” in title.

Not everyone searching for Mustang will enter Ford as a search criteria…. I don’t either.

I would be like, “what’s a boardhost”? …next….
Mustang Steve missed out on traffic.

Just my observation, no offense intended.

I did share this with Michael when I noticed it yesterday.

GREAT point!!!
Lotsa "Mustang-computer-savy-guys" type in Mustang to..........
get to a site about Mustangs duh!
Just change the title and see what happens
6sal6 (we wuz just talk'in bout dat on da porch!!!)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/18/2022 6:56 PM  #72

On da porch with Mixed Nuts.😂

5/19/2022 4:46 AM  #73

Nos681 wrote:

On da porch with Mixed Nuts.😂

Ding! Ding!  Winner! Winner!

5/19/2022 2:34 PM  #74

Name it something that would make sense to a new person finding this place from a search engine.  Humor is fun but sometimes it is better to be easy to be understood.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

5/19/2022 2:51 PM  #75

Rufus68 wrote:

Name it something that would make sense to a new person finding this place from a search engine.  Humor is fun but sometimes it is better to be easy to be understood.

I don't know that the forum we are talking about is going to drive anyone to the site.  I think its more to increase the number of posts so the forum looks more active.  People are still going to find this site through a search that uses the word "Mustang", etc.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.