FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2022 8:44 AM  #1

I think I've found the reason...

why the radio in my ´67 Ford Ranchero didn´t sound very well:

5/21/2022 8:59 AM  #2

Re: I think I've found the reason...

Dumb question.   Are you going to try to restore it, or just replace it?   

Reason I ask.   Many years ago I had a pair of 6x9 speakers I bought new that sounded great, at least to me.  (I'm talking from the 80s).    I liked them so much I've kept them all these years I still had the original box they came in.   I knew a long time ago when I took them out of my old Ford Ranger the paper was deteriorating.    I actually recently started thinking about them and what I was going to do with them.   I started looking online and saw there are reconing services, and you can actually buy the needed pieces to do it yourself.   

I know given the cost of speakers and my now older adult self not needing them, its just something I kind of want to do, to say I did it.  Seems like a cool project. 

I still even have the old hardon-kardon mega amp I drove them with.  That I will probably never use.

Last edited by Greg B (5/21/2022 9:20 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/21/2022 10:24 AM  #3

That will vacuum and buff out

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

5/21/2022 10:50 AM  #4

When I was a poor kid in grade school I would take newspaper and elmers and patch torn speakers.  It worked really well. 

5/21/2022 1:02 PM  #5

That looks like a 4 inch speaker.  Perhaps something NPD has would fit:
https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=speaker&top_parent=200001&year=

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

5/21/2022 2:03 PM  #6

If it’s a 4” x10” there are all sorts of them available, should be an easy swap into that support plate.
More  info and pictures on the Ranchero please, we can handle it.😁

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/21/2022 11:33 PM  #7

But isn't this project taking you away from finishing the Phoenix Project? Will we ever see it on the road? (67 Ranchero sounds interesting though.)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

5/22/2022 10:33 AM  #8

Here´s a couple of pictures:

Bought it last summer. It´s got a 289 with MSD ignition, four barrel Holley on an aftermarket intake, headers, a C4 and a 9-inch rearend. No power drum brakes, original power steering and once in its life it had AC. All the AC stuff is still there, but not working. Inside the engine bay it looks like Stalingrad in 1943, the interior ain´t all that bad and what I am working on at the moment. Unfortunately ran out of spray glue yesterday when working on reupholstering the dash pad.

5/22/2022 12:24 PM  #9

Very nice!👍

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/22/2022 4:24 PM  #10

very nice my brother had a 66 El Camino I always wanted it.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/22/2022 5:15 PM  #11

Lil more info on the  "reupholstering of the dash pad cracks"!!
I'm sure your fix will be top-notch like all your other work..............
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/23/2022 8:17 AM  #12

Great car you bought there Hakan! Never seen one in person but a few El caminos over here. 

Mustsed

5/23/2022 2:46 PM  #13

That new Hip Hop will do that to your speakers...LOL  

5/23/2022 9:07 PM  #14

6sally6 wrote:

Lil more info on the  "reupholstering of the dash pad cracks"!!
I'm sure your fix will be top-notch like all your other work..............
6sally6

Thought real men don’t need dash pads?

I’m sure you’ll have it looking better than new Hakan.

5/24/2022 12:16 PM  #15

One cool truck....

5/24/2022 3:18 PM  #16

Here's the dashpad I'm working on. It's like everyone can see not done yet, but well on its way.

5/24/2022 4:21 PM  #17

I'd like to find a rust free (or at least not extensively rotted) 67 Ranchero in that shape locally. 
Nice work on the dashpad.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.