FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2022 12:05 PM  #1

Bought the SoT Three link coil over setup and CVF brackets

First I'm taking a break from listening to the lectures I recorded last week for my work training.  I have another week to go so I can not play with the new parts.

I had always wanted to run the SoT three link with the Watts link.  I pulled the trigger last week and ordered the kit.  This was all after I had found out I could make it work with the DSE mini tubs I installed which require modifying the frame.  The SoT kit has been installed by others with the same frame modes I have and SoT even gives the locations for moving the brackets inboard more to still fit a 315 tire.  So these means I will have to undo the frame mod I did to relocate the leaf springs.  Not that I have to undo this mod I just think it will be a cleaner look if I do.  The SoT kit I bought does not use the leaf spring location.  It all came in a weeks time except one part which is on back order.  This is fine because I can not work on the mustang anyways and even after my training ends this Friday I am on-call all weekend for work.  It is the slow time of the season so I am hoping I can sneak in some weekend time on the mustang while I am on-call.

I also ordered the CVF Wraptor kit.  I think it should be here by the end of next week.  So no progress on the body work but I at least have some cool parts coming.  In the next month or two I will try to order the AC system and the radiator so I can start cutting the core support.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.