FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2022 3:48 PM  #1

SoT rear three link project started.

I was able to get a little time in on the mustang project today.  I got all the axle brackets located and tacked In place.   I also got some work done on the underside.  The Daze frame connectors end right where the lower link brackets need to go. 

6/18/2022 5:23 PM  #2

Re: SoT rear three link project started.

Love it. That's my kind of project.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/19/2022 5:47 AM  #3

Bearing Bob wrote:

Love it. That's my kind of project.

I enjoy this way more than bodywork.  I'll let the neighbors wake up before I start on it this morning.

6/20/2022 10:32 AM  #4

Looks like a fun project!

6/26/2022 6:13 PM  #5

It’s been a little more involved since I had to undo the leaf spring relocation boxes and modifying the three link kit to fit the DSE mini tubs but I’m headed in the right direction now, everything going back together.   The upper link is still on back order.  I hope to finish the modifications to the upper frame brackets and bolted in by the weekend.  I should have the front cross bar finished by then too.   I have two adjustments to make after test fitting it today.  The main bracket is just clamped in place and the rest of the WATTS link is loose. 

On a side note my buddy who’s a body man by trade came down today.  He finished the work on the passenger side door and fender.  They are ready for sealer and sanding primer. 

6/28/2022 9:08 AM  #6

Nice work.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

7/04/2022 5:22 PM  #7

Spent the last three days crawling around on the garage floor and I’m extremely tired from it.  Today I got most of the custom brackets I had to make for the rear three link welded in.  I have not fully welded in the WATTS link cross mount bar. It’s only tacked in place.

Sunday I got the front brace completely mounted.  It’s bolted in and needs to be removable so the center pivot bearing can be replaced.   Ran out of welding wire yesterday and today I ran out of welding gas. 

7/04/2022 5:47 PM  #8

Nice work, ain't welding upside down so much fun,

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

7/05/2022 4:06 AM  #9

Alan wrote:

Nice work, ain't welding upside down so much fun,

I do not care for welding upside down.  I get lucky and lay a decent weld down every now and then when I’m welding upside down.  Lol

7/11/2022 4:13 PM  #10

Saturday I did the final welding of the rear WATTS link brace.  Still waiting on the upper third link to arrive so I can do a final check.  So far it looks like everything will fit nicely.  I may need to make a slight adjustment to the watt’s link weld on bracket but other than that it all looks and fits really good.  It’s been a lot of work modifying the setup to fit the DSE mini tubs but I think it will be well worth the effort.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.