FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2023 12:57 PM  #51

Re: 20th Annual Bash - Date and Location

6sally6 wrote:

Have ya done the "hotel for bash folks" yet?
Already get'in excited !
6sally6

would not mind making a longer trip out of it ...whats along the way?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

1/15/2023 1:06 PM  #52

Ron68 wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Were that to happen, there is a strong possibility that a small caravan is forming to cruise from here.  It's a fairly straight shot from the PNW to the BASH right through this area.  You might want to keep that in mind.

I just checked and I'm afraid that 1800 miles one way is beyond my maximum cruising range. (Although is is easily within the cruising range of an Alaska Airlines jet...)

I had never drove over couple hundred miles and was sure nervous in a car I had only put 50 miles on after restoring...it was 750 miles one way ....got 19 mpg with c4 trans....next trip I had put a 5 speed and got 23 mpg.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

1/23/2023 5:58 PM  #53

Ron68 wrote:

There is an unconfirmed rumor floating around that there just might possibly be a modicum of truth that a certain Mustang owner located in the far northwest corner of our great country is calculating the odds of him seriously considering looking into what it would take for him to commit to actively pursuing the idea that he might be able to actually attend said Birthday Bash.....stay tuned while the rumor mill grinds on.......

Ron… Shut up and DRIVE!!!  We need more cars like yours at the bash to showcase what the forum members can do.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/24/2023 2:17 PM  #54

MS wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

There is an unconfirmed rumor floating around that there just might possibly be a modicum of truth that a certain Mustang owner located in the far northwest corner of our great country is calculating the odds of him seriously considering looking into what it would take for him to commit to actively pursuing the idea that he might be able to actually attend said Birthday Bash.....stay tuned while the rumor mill grinds on.......

Ron… Shut up and DRIVE!!! We need more cars like yours at the bash to showcase what the forum members can do.

Thanks for the complement MS, but I am looking at the practicality and economics of the trip. It would be almost 4500 miles round trip and the cost of fuel ($$$) hotels, meals, etc, and wear and tear and saddle sores on this old bod (with no air conditioning!) and the fact that I can fly to San Antonio for free in a little less than four hours makes the decision on my mode of travel a no brainer. I will bring lots of pictures of my 68 to share.
Have you made any decisions on the host hotel yet?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

1/24/2023 4:07 PM  #55

Hotel still not found.  Great procrastinator in action.

(Or is that inaction?)

2/02/2023 8:42 AM  #56

MS wrote:

Hotel still not found. Great procrastinator in action.

(Or is that inaction?)

Ah, procrastination...

Several years ago my employer "invited" me to attend a team building activity.  Due to my enthusiasm about the event, I arrived "a bit late".  I was just in time for the ice breaker activities (with other people I had worked with for years).  We sat in a circle (Kum By Ya begins in the background) and were asked to share something we were good at and something we were not so good at.  When my turn came I said that I was very good at procrastinating.  Half the room erupted in laughter, and the other half waited politely for me to finish.  Some are still waiting....

2/02/2023 11:43 AM  #57

MS wrote:

(Or is that inaction?)

I am trying to put together my plans and this piece is the linchpin so to speak.  Any idea when you will have hotel info?

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

2/03/2023 5:06 PM  #58

Daze wrote:

MS wrote:

(Or is that inaction?)

I am trying to put together my plans and this piece is the linchpin so to speak.  Any idea when you will have hotel info?

Ditto.

2/03/2023 10:56 PM  #59

Okay
Okay
Will get on that as soon as I get my 24 trailer loads of broken oak trees limbs cut up and burned.  I have over 50 trees and most of them have huge broken limbs on the ground from this week’s ice storm.  And I am not as quick as I used to be.  Free firewood. You cut it.

2/04/2023 4:41 PM  #60

MS wrote:

Okay
Okay
Will get on that as soon as I get my 24 trailer loads of broken oak trees limbs cut up and burned. I have over 50 trees and most of them have huge broken limbs on the ground from this week’s ice storm. And I am not as quick as I used to be. Free firewood. You cut it.

Sorry to hear about your tree damage. Of course, do what you've got to do to resolve it. Whenever you get around to it, let us know about the host hotel. Don't over do the wood removal and burning - remember the Ron68 mantra about Mustang restoration - "everything you do, is one less thing to do before you're done". Small steps.

8/06/2023 6:20 PM  #61

If anyone wants to help publicize the bash, here is a pic of the flyer.
Be sure to note entry is free.

8/07/2023 8:42 PM  #62

Based upon your post in the Tech forum, you may wish to check the spelling on the city where the event is located.

8/07/2023 10:48 PM  #63

TimC wrote:

Based upon your post in the Tech forum, you may wish to check the spelling on the city where the event is located.

Does TimC get a taco too?

8/08/2023 8:52 PM  #64

The bash flyer is the work of Brian Snodgrass, the owner of the MustangSteve company.

My daughter pointed out, on an earlier version, the Fajitas was spelled incorrectly.

Sorry, I cannot police everything.

8/12/2023 1:09 PM  #65

Hello Everyone, I’m Todd, and I’m planning to attend the bash for the second time. I am a member of Texas Hill Country Mustang club. We would like to join your group in Gruene, Tx. We will have several members in attendance, as we are hosting a “Poker run” that very day. In addition to stopping in Gruene, I wanted to invite anyone interested in joining us for a short cruise. We wil be driving to several local hill country towns that are nearby. We wanted to make Rocking R one of our stops? I spoke with Steve at a recent cars and coffee event where I recieved a flyer about the bash. We discussed having our club attend your event. Please pass this information along. I will watch this thread to check the response. Thank you, and welcome to the Texas hill country to all bash attendees. 

Last edited by coupster (8/12/2023 1:14 PM)

8/12/2023 3:13 PM  #66

It is fantastic that you and the club will be attending.  We pretty much have all of the time scheduled from Thursday night to Saturday night with bash activities, and you are welcome to follow along on the forum and take part in any of those activities.

8/16/2023 2:59 PM  #67

I truly hope to make one of these events in the very near future.  Texas would have been a good one to attend as I recently found out my uncle is alive and well and lives in Texas during the winter months.  Long story short I had only met this uncle who is a car guy when I was very young. My dads family was not very close. 

But not only that, everyone here are good people that I would like to meet.  Plus our son graduates Marine SOI training the first week of September and we will be attending his graduation.  Then our daughter is getting married Oct 13th.  Yes she loves Halloween and picked that date on purpose.   Busy year for us. I’ll do my best to attend next year.   I can’t promise because we may have to schedule our vacation to visit our son which will be in his two year deployment.  I could try to fly out by myself and without my mustang next year.

8/19/2023 11:05 AM  #68

Next year will be a more challenging drive for alot of us!
Details are always announced AFTER the end of the current year’s bash.

8/23/2023 4:04 PM  #69

"Next year will be a more challenging drive for alot of us!
Details are always announced AFTER the end of the current year’s bash."

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Looking forward to it. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.