FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2023 9:53 PM  #1

Ordered New Steering Wheel Kit for my 1966 From autoprousa.net

So, I ordered my new steering wheel kit from autoprousa.net. The kit was supposed to contain the wheel, hub adapter and horn button with Mustang logo. I ordered the kit on 3/21/2023. I received it today, opened the box and noted that the adapter was not in the box. WTF. Pretty simple, I ordered the KIT so that everything would be included and I wouldn't have to fiddle around with all the other stuff that I needed to install the steering wheel. I called autoprousa and got a answering machine message to leave a detailed explanation of what I needed. UGH! Another automotive retailer running a business without a clue! I opted to email them instead and I am awaiting a resolution to this issue. So, all I can say at this time is NOT to order anything from autoprousa.net since they do not have the manpower to handle and resolve the simpilist of issues.

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

3/24/2023 6:08 AM  #2

Re: Ordered New Steering Wheel Kit for my 1966 From autoprousa.net

Nothing more frustrating than not being able to resolve a simple matter with a real person.

3/24/2023 6:38 AM  #3

This what happens when bean counters run businesses.  A person to answer the phone is seen as too expensive, and hurts the bottom line.  What they don't seem to understand is that studies have shown that a disgruntled  customer costs you 77 customers over the life of your business.  Those studies were also compiled years ago before social media was as big as it is now.  My guess is the current numbers are closer to 100.  Lack of customer service just amounts to being short sighted.  Quality on all fronts doesn't cost; it pays. 

3/25/2023 8:06 AM  #4

Those freaking 6 bolt and 9 bolt hubs are expensive..93.00 each I have a extra one for a a 68

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

3/25/2023 8:24 PM  #5

TKO WROTE: This what happens when bean counters run businesses.  A person to answer the phone is seen as too expensive, and hurts the bottom line.
I guess the co.s are cutting it pretty close to the bone in order to stay competitive. Must not be that much % markup in parts.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

3/26/2023 5:44 AM  #6

I think there's plenty of markup, but there's more markup when they aren't paying a customer service representative's salary. 

3/26/2023 9:53 AM  #7

When I first looked at the post I was hopping to see a pic. I don't like my wheel and thought it might be worth ordering. Maybe I'm one of those 77.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/26/2023 10:44 AM  #8

wsinsle wrote:

When I first looked at the post I was hopping to see a pic. I don't like my wheel and thought it might be worth ordering. Maybe I'm one of those 77.

You're right. I need to stop being a 'Grumpy Old Man'. Here's a picture. Nice quality. Wish I could show a picture of it installed. There I go again.....

delete duplicates

3/26/2023 5:52 PM  #9

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxqVXxs00CtC-9jJ1mviDOS2VmQevzfoS9

Oh YEAH!!....a nice fat one.
I like it too!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/29/2023 7:33 AM  #10

KeithP - If autoprousa.net is on Facebook, try leaving a message indicting the issues you have. 
When I ordered the roller cam kit from Comp Cams, their website picture included the “dog bone”.  When the cam arriving, no dog bone, I called Comp Cams and was told that it isn’t part of the kit.  I posted a negative review on Facebook, Comp Cams contacted me, and agreed that while it wasn’t part of the kit, they shouldn’t have pictured with the cam and lifters, and sent me the dog done, free.   
Maybe this will work for you.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/29/2023 8:46 AM  #11

BobE wrote:

KeithP - If autoprousa.net is on Facebook, try leaving a message indicting the issues you have. 
When I ordered the roller cam kit from Comp Cams, their website picture included the “dog bone”.  When the cam arriving, no dog bone, I called Comp Cams and was told that it isn’t part of the kit.  I posted a negative review on Facebook, Comp Cams contacted me, and agreed that while it wasn’t part of the kit, they shouldn’t have pictured with the cam and lifters, and sent me the dog done, free.   

On Sunday afternoon I received a 'Shopping Experience Survey' from them. I wrote what had happened and gave them a low rating. I also sent them another email regarding the missing hub adapter. Someone from autoprousa.net reached out to me on Monday and said they were shipping the adapter. It is supposed to arrive today via FedEx.

3/29/2023 12:17 PM  #12

KeithP wrote:

BobE wrote:

On Sunday afternoon I received a 'Shopping Experience Survey' from them. I wrote what had happened and gave them a low rating. I also sent them another email regarding the missing hub adapter. Someone from autoprousa.net reached out to me on Monday and said they were shipping the adapter. It is supposed to arrive today via FedEx.

SOOOOOOO...they do read their surveys !
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/30/2023 7:02 AM  #13

KeithP - good news, glad it worked for you.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/31/2023 10:27 AM  #14

Well, after all the hoopla/drama regarding the hub adapter, the hub will not work for my application. I have a Flaming River tilt column and their horn contact/cancelling arm assembly is unique. I guess I'm going to have to order the adapter from Flaming River.

4/07/2023 9:01 PM  #15

More Mustang drama.
I ordered the new hub adapter from Summit Racing. Flaming River wanted $25 for shipping. Received the new adapter and it's a GM spline. WTF. Nowhere on the Flaming River website did it state what spline it was. Why can't Flaming River at least have an informative website that gives you a detailed description of the part THEY MAKE? I like American Made, but please give me a break!
Ordered a new one. But Summit Racing(nor Flaming River) has it with Black powder coating. So, I ordered the mill fihish one, figuring I'll paint it Black.

4/14/2023 10:32 AM  #16

I ordered a new Mustang Steering wheel about 3 years ago from Kentucky Mustang for my 69 Mustang.  It cost well over $850.  The wheel handle is coming apart from the wheel.   I ended up pulling it apart and using epoxy to put it back together. Buyer beware.  I thought this was a cheaper alternative than retoring my old wheel.    Steve69

4/14/2023 4:07 PM  #17

Steve69 wrote:

I ordered a new Mustang Steering wheel about 3 years ago from Kentucky Mustang for my 69 Mustang.  It cost well over $850.  The wheel handle is coming apart from the wheel.   I ended up pulling it apart and using epoxy to put it back together. Buyer beware.  I thought this was a cheaper alternative than retoring my old wheel.    Steve69

I saw some real expensive nice looking steering wheels. I figured that they were all made in China and would not survive an extended period of time. I opted for the less expensive and simplier steering wheel.

4/17/2023 8:10 AM  #18

KeithP wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

I saw some real expensive nice looking steering wheels. I figured that they were all made in China and would not survive an extended period of time. I opted for the less expensive and simplier steering wheel.

Thats probably what  should of done too!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.