FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2023 4:18 PM  #1

O....Kay..... If y'all don't start making new posts I'm gonna be......

FORCED  to post some off-the-wall weird stuff to get reactions !!!!!
Let's GO people......
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/28/2023 5:21 PM  #2

Re: O....Kay..... If y'all don't start making new posts I'm gonna be......

That's all normal type posts for you Mike...........

6/28/2023 6:42 PM  #3

Mikey have ya ev uh thought of getting a hobby, or part time yob? I did laugh pretty good though.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/28/2023 9:57 PM  #4

Post some photos of Kay.

6/29/2023 3:28 AM  #5

I haven’t had much to post.  I did paint the the roll bar last weekend and I have a lead on a 70 parts car.  Not even sure what model 70 it is.  Hope to call on it today. 

Also been busy doing yard work.  Keeping the boss happy. 

Looking at a home with a 1333 sqft detached garage but we need to sell our home first.  Ugh

That’s all I got.

6/29/2023 5:46 AM  #6

Mike, I doubt anyone is interested in the timing chain job I just did on the 5.4 in my '07 F250.  I am also in the middle of swapping to a 2016 steering gear in that truck.  The radiator sprung a leak and I'm waiting for the new one to get here, plus some trans cooler lines I'm replacing that were scary rusty.

I've been told I'm going to have to wait at least another couple weeks (on top of the 2-2.5 months I've already waited) for the ARP head studs I'm waiting on got my 6.0 powerstroke build. 

I hung an alternator on my '07 FJ two weeks ago (Carquest remans are JUNK, only Denso from now on).

The turbo on my '02 WRX blew last week.  It was an aftermarket stock replacement (JUNK).  I sent the factory one to Blouch for a rebuild. 

My oldest has practice every night for 2 hours getting ready for their first district baseball game, and I'm helping coach that team. 

The Mustang is just sitting right now due to all the other stuff I've got going on. 

6/29/2023 6:15 AM  #7

Well I did finally get new battery for the red car a few days ago.. That's about it mustang wise

6/29/2023 6:37 AM  #8

Replaced the fuel pressure regulator on the heap and is seems, so far, to have cured the "running lean" issue.  Also, got the DRO installed on my mill, but who cares. I will take exception to your description of 78 to 93 Mustangs as "Fox Pooo".  Bad, Mike.  Real bad.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/29/2023 4:10 PM  #9

I've got the brake light switch saga going on... A bit like a tragic Lifetime movie, but I'm hopeful it will have a good ending.

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

6/29/2023 5:01 PM  #10

Hey, Sal, did you ever get a lift for the new homestead?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/30/2023 6:28 AM  #11

Installing EFI, Holley/MSD Atomic 2, and got hung up with some physical issues, and grandfather duties, progress has been slow going but moving along.  Hopefully, in the next month I'll have some positive developments to report. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

6/30/2023 8:35 AM  #12

Unfortunately my mind is willing but my body is not.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/30/2023 9:02 AM  #13

I keep looking for  GW UCA's ever day... Butt their out right now.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

6/30/2023 3:23 PM  #14

Rudi wrote:

Hey, Sal, did you ever get a lift for the new homestead?

Naaaaaaaaaaaa......thought about...even laid out the garage so a lift would work butt
ain't done-it-yet..(little Alabammer talk there!)
 I keep telling myself...."self (I say)...you worked a many a year on paste board pads or less ...scoot'in
under and out. Now that the Mustang is near bout finished do ya 'really' wanna spring fer a lift ya prolly won't use a lot ?"
No doubt I have several palz that would benefit from me puttin in a lift .....!

Same with the mini split I DIDN'T put in!!!!
I sez to myself....."self (that's me)...Ye gotta ceiling fan and TWO box fans...more fans than you EVER had before....that you only use 9/10 months outta the year ... "!
6sal

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/30/2023 3:27 PM  #15

red351 wrote:

Well I did finally get new battery for the red car a few days ago.. That's about it mustang wise

Dat must mean you and Bonnie are home now !?!

Ya get a cheap Walmart battery or did-ja spring for a high dollar Optima ?!
That's the one with a Cleveland in it...correct ! (y'all driving it to Texas ??

6s6

7/01/2023 6:17 AM  #16

Mike, I did the cheap battery thing and they both have Clevelands.
Texas bash is a no because of a wedding about that time, but we do Texas a few weeks on our way to and from our AZ winter spot. My spanish is getting better.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.