FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2023 7:52 PM  #1

Recommendation for Front frame rail replacement needed

I have a ‘66 coupe that I believe needs new front frame rails.  I don’t have the experience to do something this important myself but can’t find anyone nearby (I’m located near Louisville,KY) to do it.  If it didn’t have sentimental value, I wouldn’t be going to all the trouble but am willing to ship as necessary to get the project moving again.  Any recommendations for who is good at this and has capacity to do it in the near future?  Thanks in advance!

6/29/2023 5:34 AM  #2

Re: Recommendation for Front frame rail replacement needed

Welcome to the forum!  I'm sure another member will be able to give you a quality shop closer to you, but if not the guy that painted my car 28 years ago is still in business and still working on classic Mustangs, though DE is a hike for you. 

6/29/2023 8:08 AM  #3

If I live near you I would gladly help ya out for free.  Kentucky is a pretty long drive for me. Lol

I have a drawing saved of a jig for the 65/66.  I’ll see if I can find it and post it.

6/29/2023 9:44 AM  #4

I'd give the guys at Kentucky Mustang a call. I'm sure they're dialed in to reputable shops in the state that could help you out. I've purchased parts from them and on the phone, their customer service us excellent.

6/29/2023 11:38 AM  #5

I checked with my master fabricator Mustang buddy in North Carolina, but he's getting a hip replacement soon and isn't taking on new jobs. I like Josh's  Kentucky Mustang idea.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/29/2023 11:52 AM  #6

Took the 65 convertible to a show on Saturday. Got a lot of nice compliments on the car. Been working really hard preparing for our big Roundup show on July 16.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

6/29/2023 11:57 AM  #7

Ron68 wrote:

Took the 65 convertible to a show on Saturday. Got a lot of nice compliments on the car. Been working really hard preparing for our big Roundup show on July 16.

SORRY - posted this on my phone - fat fingered it. Should have been posted under Sally's posting.......

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

7/01/2023 11:42 AM  #8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.