FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2024 9:26 PM  #1

Winter over?

Groundhog Day tomorrow!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/02/2024 2:17 AM  #2

Re: Winter over?

Seems like Winter in Seattle is starting to wain already. A little over a week ago we set a record for warm temps. It was 65 degrees when the normal temp for January is in the low 40's or colder. Been in the mid 50's during the day since then. By this coming weekend it might start getting back into the mid 40's again.
But there's no such thing as climate change. It's a hoax.......

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

2/02/2024 6:05 AM  #3

This is how February tricks you.  Ah, we had our cold snap and snow in January, winter's practically over!  Then February comes in and laughs at us while dumping more snow and freezing temperatures. 

I don't think anyone would claim climate change is a hoax.  The degree to which man is influencing it is the debate, and to that end the degree to which we can halt, stop, or reverse it.  The biggest issue I think most folks have with it is the unproven technology being crammed down people's throats in its name, much of which won't actually change anything and some of which may be making it worse. 

2/02/2024 7:45 AM  #4

Here in SW Florida it’s been very much cooler than normal.  So much so I haven’t been able to spray my engine bay.   Well work has been keeping me from getting to it during the warmer parts of the weekend afternoons.  This cooler weather is what I wanted last year when I was doing all the block sanding.  lol

Since the topic has mentioned the changes in weather, my old home town sees far less snow that it use to get when I was a kid.  My good friend said he never put his snow tires on last year.

2/02/2024 11:20 AM  #5

RTM wrote:

Here in SW Florida it’s been very much cooler than normal.  So much so I haven’t been able to spray my engine bay.   Well work has been keeping me from getting to it during the warmer parts of the weekend afternoons.  This cooler weather is what I wanted last year when I was doing all the block sanding.  lol

Since the topic has mentioned the changes in weather, my old home town sees far less snow that it use to get when I was a kid.  My good friend said he never put his snow tires on last year.

The roads here are kept relatively snow free in the winter.. I mount  “Winter” tires because of the softer rubber compound for better cold weather and grip on icy roads.
It costs more to live in the Northern climates.

As for climate change I have my own theory.
The earth is supposed to be 4.54 billion years old, recorded history for climate change is merely an infinitesimal blip in the grand scheme of things.
Climate change has been going on since the dawn of time and there is no one around whose been there and done that to tell us about it.🤪

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/02/2024 5:19 PM  #6

Climate change............Thank goodness we can send TONS of $$$ to Uncle Joe in 'The Swamp' and they will make the climate settle down !!
I know I feel better knowing that.......
6sal6

Oh.....the weather here is about normal fer Feb.
Too cold for shorts (less your a yankee) and too warm to wear long johns......
Life is good !

Last edited by 6sally6 (2/02/2024 5:22 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/02/2024 7:16 PM  #7

Spent last week in Sedona, AZ for my daughter, Cara’s wedding (remember Cara’s Coupe?)  It was maybe 50 degrees and sunny every day, except the wedding day.  Good Lord needed some rain right up until five minutes before the outdoor ceremony so He could provide this special prize.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

2/02/2024 7:19 PM  #8

Sedona.......... one of the prettiest places I have ever been.
Looks like a good place to get hitched !
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/03/2024 6:16 PM  #9

Rudi wrote:

Groundhog Day tomorrow!

Live about a hour away.Never been there on ground hog  day.  Wasn’t a big thing until the movie with Bill Murray. Always on local news when I was a kid but just a local thing. This is a very small town you would like to raise your kids in. Hard to believe how  big it got so big. Expecting 40 thousand people this week.

Last edited by wsinsle (2/03/2024 6:23 PM)

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

2/05/2024 12:11 PM  #10

MS wrote:

Spent last week in Sedona, AZ for my daughter, Cara’s wedding (remember Cara’s Coupe?) It was maybe 50 degrees and sunny every day, except the wedding day. Good Lord needed some rain right up until five minutes before the outdoor ceremony so He could provide this special prize.

Wow!  Very nice pic!

2/06/2024 8:58 AM  #11

MS wrote:

Spent last week in Sedona, AZ for my daughter, Cara’s wedding (remember Cara’s Coupe?) It was maybe 50 degrees and sunny every day, except the wedding day. Good Lord needed some rain right up until five minutes before the outdoor ceremony so He could provide this special prize.

That is a great picture!  Congratulations to the Bride and Groom. (and Mom and Dad!)

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

2/06/2024 10:08 AM  #12

Congratulations to you and Sherry for creating such beautiful children.  Looks like the weather cooperated at the last moment.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

2/06/2024 11:25 PM  #13

Looks like a beautiful venue for a wedding outside. Beautiful dress and bride for sure. Are all the Wilkes girls married now?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

2/08/2024 8:57 PM  #14

Two out of three, Ron

2/09/2024 2:31 PM  #15

Wow! That is an incredible pic!   Congratulations!

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

2/10/2024 8:13 AM  #16

MS wrote:

Congratulations!  BTW, did you try to weigh the rainbow?  If you had, you'd have found that it's pretty light.

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

2/10/2024 11:31 AM  #17

I did look briefly for the pot-o-gold, but did not find it. Only saw one flying away that I spent to get to this beautimus place.

2/10/2024 3:20 PM  #18

WOW!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.