FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2014 8:01 AM  #1

MustangSteve's Dodge Truck

Hey MustangSteve, I was wondering how the new/used Dodge truck is working out? I am in the market for a new/used truck, I have a 07 F150 extended cab, but with four kids, three of them boys with growing legs, I really need four real doors, and while I like my ford, it has the 4.6 which is a great motor, I think with the bigger truck and pulling a trailer from time to time I am going to need the bigger motor, and I am somewhat cautious of the 5.4 with some of its issues. So I was wondering how you like the 5.7Hemi, and the Dodge over all.

4/07/2014 11:18 AM  #2

Re: MustangSteve's Dodge Truck

Hemi pulls really strong.  This one has 139K miles on it.  I am hearing a little miss.  Maybe it is one of the 16 (probably original) spark plugs, or a plugged injector, or a bad coil pack, or a bad valve, or who kows what, but it is not perfect right now.  All I can tell you is it is NOT a dirty air filter.  Still pulls smoothly and runs well because the EFI smooths it out.

I bought a 2008 F-150 FX2 Supercrew brand new a few years ago and sold it after 7k miles.  The seats were terrible.  One thing I can say about the Dodge... the seats are far worse than the F-150 !!!!!!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/07/2014 12:05 PM  #3

MustangSteve wrote:

........  One thing I can say about the Dodge... the seats are far worse than the F-150 !!!!!!......

.......any possibility it is the seator, not the seats?

4/07/2014 12:20 PM  #4

boomyal wrote:

MustangSteve wrote:

........  One thing I can say about the Dodge... the seats are far worse than the F-150 !!!!!!......

.......any possibility it is the seator, not the seats?

you might be on to something: 

We (Steve and I) have looked at swap meets for new seats.  It's like a New bride,  looking/ trying on/ touching,,color wrong ect ect ect   just can't decide.       

Last edited by Don (4/07/2014 12:20 PM)

4/07/2014 12:38 PM  #5

My 2007 chevy Max has seats as nice as my lazy boy!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

4/07/2014 1:23 PM  #6

Well, my 07 F150 seats are fine for me, but I know we all sit a little different, I really like the seats in the wife's Expedition, its a 01 with the 5.4 and 125k on it and no problems (knock on wood). My 07 F150 has 185K and I had to put a new transmission in it at 170K, but other than that it has had nothing other than regular maintainece items. May stick with the Ford, just really looking for a deal and wanted to be open minded.

4/07/2014 2:42 PM  #7

Admittedly, I have had three back surgeries and it doesn't take much to make my back hurt if the seat is not configured just-so to fit MFA.
The Dodge bucket seat has a lumbar adjustment across the back that was always too prominent for me, even when the adjustment was backed off all the way.  I would be in pain after driving the truck.  I took the seat back apart and figured out how that lumbar thing worked.  It had a plastic strap going across behind the cushion, and one end had threads on it, so when the knob was turned, it pulled the strap tighter.  On that strap were five raised rectangular pieces about 1" x 4" x 1/2" thick, aligned vertically, spaced evenly across the strap.  I took the strap out and flipped it around so the rectangles were on the back side, doing nothing.  That gave me a little more room and it is not so bad to sit in any more.  The passenger side does not have it and feels fine.  But the seat backs are still like hard cardboard.  Been thinking about some other seats.  There is a guy at all the swap meets that has new leather OEM takeouts from Hondas and Toyota minivans for 4300 a pair.  Just not sure if the color difference would work for me.  Might just trade the truck off anyway.  I spent $1,000 to lower it and am not happy with the ride quality (I know...duh).  Still working on that.

Yep, you are correct...  Seats that absolutely put me writhing in pain may be perfectly comfortable to someone else.  But, that is just the way it is !

4/07/2014 4:48 PM  #8

On the subject of Dodges and such, have you ever noticed the similarities between the pagan god on the grille and the reproductive system of a woman? 

4/07/2014 4:55 PM  #9

Ultra...I laughed my.....off!!   That's great!

MS-   Test drive a silverado....the seats are nice.  I too have a bad back, they are comfortable on long trips.

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

4/07/2014 7:51 PM  #10

I had an '06 Hemi quad cab 4x2 Bighorn Edition. I loved that truck. It handled great (for a truck), had a smooth ride, fit the kids comfortably, mad towed nicely (I towed a Jeep from CA to GA). With the cylinder deactivation, it actually got decent mileage (for a truck). I'd still have it if I didn't trade it in on an '11 Mustang GT.

For comparison's sake, I had an Expedition with the 5.4 and the Dodge was night and day better.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

4/07/2014 8:15 PM  #11

Ultra... I think you have it backward.  The female reproductive sytem was designed after some pagan symbol ?   Not the symbol fashioned after the reproductive system.

4/08/2014 6:10 AM  #12

MustangSteve wrote:

Ultra... I think you have it backward.  The female reproductive sytem was designed after some pagan symbol ?   Not the symbol fashioned after the reproductive system.

Well, you got me there! Ha ha.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.