FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2014 3:56 PM  #1

Is Ron H multiplying his herd ??

ok today i was watching Mecum Houston auction, I think I saw a FYI member buy this car

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HA0414-178981&entryRow=820

4/10/2014 7:48 PM  #2

Re: Is Ron H multiplying his herd ??

"Custom body-off restoration"
 Does that mean they took the body off the wheels??????

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

4/10/2014 8:46 PM  #3

Ron said that is his BASH car so he doesn't have to "rush" the fastback project.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/10/2014 9:37 PM  #4

So you got it, huh, Ron?  Looks pretty good.  Apparently, the title wasn't a big issue.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/11/2014 7:30 PM  #5

I was sitting beside a guy from Colorado Springs that does high end restoration for a living and he told me that getting a VIN from Colorado was a major pain, but once you get one, it is rock solid.

4/11/2014 7:49 PM  #6

I went through the assigned VIN process here in Colorado when I built my Cobra.  It was time consuming and only a few motor vehicle people actually knew what to do but if you follow all the steps it goes well.  Sold the car to a guy in Nebraska and he had no problem with the transfer and subsequent registration.

4/11/2014 8:03 PM  #7

Hornman wrote:

I was sitting beside a guy from Colorado Springs that does high end restoration for a living and he told me that getting a VIN from Colorado was a major pain, but once you get one, it is rock solid.

Great, good for you Ron.  Hope we get to see it in Sept.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/12/2014 1:10 PM  #8

MustangSteve wrote:

Ron said that is his BASH car so he doesn't have to "rush" the fastback project.

Doesn't have anything to do with not rushing, has everthing to do with Cathie rewriting my project schedule and putting the Master Bath at the top.

4/12/2014 1:12 PM  #9

at wrote:

"Custom body-off restoration"
 Does that mean they took the body off the wheels??????

Means the guy writing the sales copy is not the guy that did the resto.

4/12/2014 5:28 PM  #10

So you think you will need that "10 grand tach"?

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

4/12/2014 8:24 PM  #11

Alan wrote:

Yep, it will make a fine paperweight on my desk.

4/12/2014 8:48 PM  #12

Hornman wrote:

Alan wrote:

Yep, it will make a fine paperweight on my desk.

Ok how many cars did you pick up,, was it you that got the GT40 for 7 mil ??  

4/13/2014 12:25 PM  #13

I looked at the GT-40, but it was right hand drive and no AC. I was close by when they cranked it up to drive it up on the display platform. The exhaust note from that Cobra 289 would had made Sally wet his pants. I don't know if it was necessary to rev it to six grand to make it up on the plarform, but I'm glad they did and I'm glad I was standing there to hear it.

I highly recommend hanging around the storage hall the day before the auction; they drive all the cars in and you get to hear what they all sound like (except the Cobra Drag Snake, they towed that one in). With it being indors and many cars having high duration, high overlap cams, it was being on the starting line at the strip. My eyes are still watering.

Last edited by Hornman (4/13/2014 12:31 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.