FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2014 2:36 PM  #1

UCA's

65 Mustang.  I have the front suspension removed and the threads where the UCA shaft bushings fit into the UCA's are a real mess so I'm thinking the originals are not rebuildable.  Does anyone recommend a source for stock replacement UCA's?  American made, preferred.....  Thanks

8/17/2014 4:41 PM  #2

Re: UCA's

I used opentackers uca's. He centers the shaft, welds a tab on to stop them lossening, will also off center them for better geometry, as well as drilling them for a revised perch location.
A great guy also.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

8/17/2014 4:57 PM  #3

TimC wrote:

65 Mustang.  I have the front suspension removed and the threads where the UCA shaft bushings fit into the UCA's are a real mess so I'm thinking the originals are not rebuildable.  Does anyone recommend a source for stock replacement UCA's?  American made, preferred.....  Thanks

Might also do the roller perches and the shelby drop.  I did this along with a proper alighnment.  Very easiy to do now when it's apart.  I just last month changed out to 4 Bilstens shocks and now have a hw cruising machine.  Of course I have a proper 5th gear,, hint hint  ,,,  hummmm lets start a bash tranny swap,, that would be interesting   

8/17/2014 5:54 PM  #4

I am pretty sure that he is going roller perches!    kip

8/17/2014 6:04 PM  #5

Don wrote:

TimC wrote:

Might also do the roller perches and the shelby drop.  I did this along with a proper alighnment.  Very easiy to do now when it's apart.  I just last month changed out to 4 Bilstens shocks and now have a hw cruising machine.  Of course I have a proper 5th gear,, hint hint  ,,,  hummmm lets start a bash tranny swap,, that would be interesting   

Well Don, I have a lift and I have access to a tranny lift, should be fun!  I changed my c4 to aod by myself!!

8/17/2014 6:10 PM  #6

Rockauto has moogs for like 60 bucks each.

Last edited by Rsmach1 (8/17/2014 6:11 PM)

8/17/2014 6:16 PM  #7

Oops was for my year, they have raybestos for like 70

8/17/2014 6:19 PM  #8

For Don & terry, who seem to be bitten by the WYAIT bug, please stay away from my car...LOL

I have all the T5 swap stuff from an 86GT I scrapped a few years back, but not this summer.

RSMach, thanks for the rockauto suggestion.  I thought I saw the arms in their catalog when I picked up the lowers a couple of weeks ago, but today I couldn't find the uppers there.  I thought they were $66, like you said.... I'll call in the morning.

8/17/2014 6:29 PM  #9

Yea looks like moog discontinued em, only others they sell were Dorman (stay away) and raybestos, but not sure where theses are made.

Last edited by Rsmach1 (8/17/2014 6:50 PM)

8/18/2014 11:08 AM  #10

Go check out my FAQ page on SUSPENSION and see the article on how to rebuild upper control arms.  Your arms with the bad threads are actually doing you a favor if you want to be able to rebuild them where they are not in a bind.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/18/2014 12:53 PM  #11

MustangSteve wrote:

Go check out my FAQ page on SUSPENSION and see the article on how to rebuild upper control arms.  Your arms with the bad threads are actually doing you a favor if you want to be able to rebuild them where they are not in a bind.

I have read the FAQ section at least a dozen times, and will follow the directions.  Imagine that.  Bad threads working in my favor.  I will see if there are enough threads to guide the bushings in straight.  I presume any angle on the bushings will put the shafts in a bind.

8/18/2014 1:42 PM  #12

I went with opentracker a few years ago and they are great.  Highly recommended.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.