FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2014 5:58 AM  #1

Mustang Steve questionabout your rear brake hose

In Vandalia you pointed out the rear hose on your Versaille rear axle that distributes from a single input to a dual output. that has the rubber hose and connects to the axle. My lines run too close to my exhaust so you recommended a 1969 version that rolls it to the side of the axle instead of the Versaille top one. Before I order this I wanted to make sure this was the correct one and also ask if the inner diameter of all rear brakes are supposed to be the same for disc or drums. I am still trying to figure out why my brakes won't work as well as I want.
This is the one I found:
http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1968-1969-Mustang-Big-Block-Rear-Brake-Hose.html
or
http://www.cjponyparts.com/raybestos-brake-hose-rear-except-boss-302-428cj-1967-1969/p/BHR2/

I appreciate your help and hope to have some parts awaiting my return from the desert. Need some Zen Shop Time to decompress.

Ed

10/12/2014 8:54 AM  #2

Re: Mustang Steve questionabout your rear brake hose

Ed, if it is the correct part.. check out Rockauto.com.  They have the first one for $18.65..  BENDIX # 88404  
They also have Dayco and Dorman for even less.

jerry

10/12/2014 2:52 PM  #3

Oreilly AutoParts Part # BBH  BH36603    $24.99

Or Rockauto as suggested, I did not check the fitment there as this is the one I buy.

Do you have your emergency brakes connected and in use?  If not the brakes will not work well.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/13/2014 1:45 AM  #4

When I get back next week, I plan on installing the E Brake handle and cables. I got some great ideas from crawling underneath all of your cars at the BASH. Does not having the E-brake connected affect my rear brakes? Of course finding out the right axle seal was leaking onto the brakes would have a little to do with it.
It is killing me to sit here in the Desert and have all of these project screaming for my attention.
Patience is NOT a virtue, it is an annoyance.
Thanks for the part numbers.
Ed

10/13/2014 7:42 AM  #5

Without having the ebrake operational and used once in a while, pad wear, even a slight amount, will show up as extra travel in the pedal.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.