FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2018 4:32 PM  #1

MY BUILD thread for my 56 F100 Pickup

Just getting started, so more pics to come.

This is as I brought it home:

56 F100 short bed
MII front with coilovers and tubular arms
Four bar triangulated 9" traction lock rear with coilovers
BRIGHT orange Kindigit style paint job
20x8.5" Bullitt style wheels
11" GM front disc brakes
11" GM rear disc brakes.
Pine wood in bed with NO supports under the bed.
Under bed aluminum gas tank 16 gallon
Tilt steering column
All new custon tinted glass.
Circus tent red-white striped "custom" interior.
Cool 59 Cadillac taillights.
Leather center row buckets from a Suburban.
1963 Pontiac V8 rebuilt engine.
Pontiac 3-speed automatic tranny.
Stripped out door handle shafts
NO rust, but plenty of those "previous owner" induced holes everywhere.
Louvered hood
Louvered aftermarket tail gate.
Stock rear bumper / no rear bumper
Fiberglass rear rolled pan.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/20/2018 4:46 PM  #2

Re: MY BUILD thread for my 56 F100 Pickup

Stuff I have done to the truck as of 12/20/2018

Complete brake setup from a 2018 Mustang GT. 
     14" front rotors with four piston GT calipers.  13" rear rotors with GT calipers.  MAYBE use linear actuator to operate the parking brake and eliminate that big ugly lever under the dash.  As of November, 2018, the brakes are installed and working, except the parking brake.  I am waiting to get the bed supports installed before routing the cables.  In the process, I designed a custom pedal support to eliminate the under-floor brake pedal.  Designed bracket to install the 2018 booster on the firewall, and custom brackets to install the 2015-2018 front discs on the Mustang II spindles.

Installed new 18" Bullitt style wheels on the front.

Sold the Pontiac engine and transmission

Built, but not yet installed, a 5.0 from a 2001 Explorer and a 4R70W transmission with US-Shift controller.
Engine has carburetor and shorty headers, GT40P heads and cam from 95 Mustang GT 5.0.   The plan here is a good, dependable engine that idles smooth and just keeps on running.

Front clip is off the truck.  Next I will build mounts to install the 5.0 and rework the cab firewall to be sure it clears the COBRA air cleaner.  Once that is fitted, cab and bed will be removed to start body work.

12/27/2018 11:57 PM  #3

Refinished the COBRA air cleaner to get the desired look.  Valve covers match also.

1/01/2019 10:13 PM  #4

Looking good MS.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/02/2019 11:24 AM  #5

Quite, nice! Remind me to tell you about my uncles some day.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

8/31/2019 7:39 AM  #6

It is an amazing looking truck Steve. Love it and I look forward to your updates

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

2/22/2020 2:53 PM  #7

Wish I could see the pictures.  I would love to build an older truck one day.

7/16/2020 6:27 PM  #8

This build will get restarted as soon as the new garage is completed.  Will repost some old pics and new ones as it progresses.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.