FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2020 4:53 PM  #26

Re: OFFICIAL PLACE to put your 2020 VIRTUAL BASH AT THE BEACH pics

Thanks guys, we are proud of the car too.  I will post the story Friday when we get there. right now we are in virtual Georgia in Isolated Thunderstorms visiting a friend on the virtual road trip list from Portland Or. 

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/23/2020 6:03 PM  #27

To VKT-66 and everyone else. This is how I do my videos
*take video with phone I use an I phone
*upload it to your PC just like a picture I use Windows 10 and reminber where it is I save to the desk top 
*go to YouTube and use you account or join its free
*then on YT go to Youtube studio and go to Create and then upload video
*from here it is pretty easy just make sure you pick public I made the mistake and hitting private the first time but you can go back and change
*you will add your video and after YT creates it you will see the URL to copy and paste
*call me if I can help 503-568-9270 PST  Im old and sleep by 10
chris 

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/23/2020 6:48 PM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/23/2020 6:15 PM  #28

Cab4word67 wrote:

Thanks guys, we are proud of the car too.  I will post the story Friday when we get there. right now we are in virtual Georgia in Isolated Thunderstorms visiting a friend on the virtual road trip list from Portland Or. 

Shame you're gunna miss Thursday ... it's great fun.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

4/23/2020 8:27 PM  #29

Preview taken while getting the car ready for a bash pose.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/23/2020 8:42 PM  #30

HEY ! HEY!!!                 this is a test  .... for age appropriate
" I can learn new things  " 
starting more bash thrash ###

Last edited by Vkt-66 (4/23/2020 8:48 PM)

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/23/2020 9:00 PM  #31

MS you have a problem !!
[size=75]ps ; did you change the time zone on the post clock or has it always been eastern time zone ?
[/size]

Last edited by Vkt-66 (4/23/2020 9:07 PM)

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/23/2020 9:31 PM  #32

Don't think your new concrete slab was big enough MS.

4/23/2020 9:34 PM  #33

MS wrote:

Well now that is going to take some explaining
WE WILL WAIT HERE

4/23/2020 9:37 PM  #34

Vkt-66 wrote:

HEY ! HEY!!!                 this is a test  .... for age appropriate
" I can learn new things  " 
starting more bash thrash ###

I love it 
In jelius though caus mine is just a link you have the vid on screen

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/23/2020 9:39 PM)

4/23/2020 10:09 PM  #35

Tryin' ta decide what to wear to the Bash. What doya think ... does it make my rear look fat?

4/23/2020 10:56 PM  #36

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

4/24/2020 9:02 AM  #37

1965 Mustang Fastback. 

flood damaged trucks for sale in texas

4/24/2020 9:03 AM  #38

1965 Mustang Fastback. 

flood damaged trucks for sale in texas

4/24/2020 9:38 AM  #39

50vert wrote:

Tryin' ta decide what to wear to the Bash. What doya think ... does it make my rear look fat?

I think they make you very shapely shows off your top well

4/24/2020 2:52 PM  #40

Spoken like a diplomat, I should probably learn how ta do that sometime.

4/24/2020 5:13 PM  #41

LJust another day in the life of the 65, Nov 2019 getting ready for the 2020 Bash

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/24/2020 5:15 PM)

4/24/2020 10:36 PM  #42

Since I'm the Bash at the Beach  host this year..........WELCOME!!

Day 1 April 23rd  Check in at Hampton Inn

Dinner at 6:00 PM  @ Lee's Inlet Kitchen  (Top 10 SC Seafood restaurant)

Last edited by 6sally6 (4/24/2020 10:39 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/24/2020 10:48 PM  #43

Day 2
Meet at my house to wash cars and "bench race"

Lunch @ Dagwood's Deli

Can't leave the chicks out soooo....

Shopping @ Market Common

Lunch @ Tupelo Honey Cafe

img upload

Fri. evening...Cruise-in at Burkeys  Hot dogs  greasy hamburgers Yummmmm!!

Last edited by 6sally6 (4/24/2020 10:52 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/24/2020 11:01 PM  #44

Day 3 Official Bash Day!!
Meet at Church parking lot 10:30 AM  Lunch served @ 12:30 PM  Carolina Style Bar-B-Que         

Dinner @ Crabby Mike's All-you-can-Eat Buffet

4/24/2020 11:55 PM  #45

THIS!!!!............Is what "snotty" sounds like!
6sally6

Take THIS Corona Virus

https://youtu.be/e8y2ovNwFzA

"And now..........for the rest of the story"! (thanks PH)
  I bought the Mustang (66 coupe) for my youngster Phillip when he turned 16(that was the deal with my two children)  October,1997.
  After 2 years and TONS of $$ I bought it from him because he "wanted something a little more dependable" and with AC!
  For the next 21 years I have poured even MORE tons of $$ into it and it is (somewhat) "more dependable"  butt still no AC!
  I built the 92 roller cammed motor in my two stall garage while living in Charleston. (second Ford engine, first that I got to pick out all the goodies!)  World Product iron heads....Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and 600 CFM carb......windage tray...9.5:1 Keith Black hyper pistons...roller rocker..... re-curved Dura Spark distributor with MSD(6A) box.... snotty idling roller cam  (always loved to say that..."roller cam"!
It is a custom grind from Delta Cams. I picked out the Duration and LSA and Lift and Ken (Delta dude) sorta fine tuned the combo.
  MANY sets of headers(lately) none of which fit as well as the long tube set that was on the car in 97.  They were so old and rusty I couldn't find who made them....(wish I coulda!)
  Installed the T-5, for gas mileage I could live with, and left the "hi-way gear" (3.00:1) to cruise to the bashes with.
  Installed Scare Bird front discs... Shelby drop...roller spring perchs....export bar...Monte Carlo bar....all the stuff we like to talk about.
Junkyard bucket seats from a Mazda (my son picked those out)  Torque Thrust  rumzes (thanks Tubo)   Poop Boyz 215-65-15 tarz all around.
Last time I had the engine out...(where's the eye-roll emogee?)..I decided to sorta clean up under the hood. I have the battery in the trunk and all my relays...fuses...MSD box...coil...tucked into the empty battery tray area. I formed a "home-made" sheet metal cover to go over the opening to hide the stuff. And routed ALL my wiring... out of sight... (thanks JB Even the coil and coil wires. Only obvious wires are the spark plug wires.  Really cleaned up the look I think.
  Speaking of spark plug wires.....I installed 4 yellow wires on the driver's side because I know MS really digs yellar warz!!
I love the way it sounds(why have a hot rod if it doesn't SOUND like a hot rod?!) It is surprisingly streetable (a lot like the old 327/365HP Chevy engine-with just a little Spanish lingo!)
Although.....I understand "street-able" is a very subjective term.
Ms. 6sally6 just LOVES to ride and drive it!
I just wish I coulda give some of my "budz" a ride in it!

Last edited by 6sally6 (4/25/2020 11:43 AM)

4/25/2020 5:21 AM  #46

Dropping by on my way to the Margarita breakfast.  :-)

No photos of me - sorry.  Mitchell, SD to Myrtle Beach is about 1600 miles.  Bash thrash continues for me - I've finally started working on the car again this year after I burned out on it in 2014.  I replaced the 351W with a stock 250 6-cylinder from a 73 Maverick that was a standard bore but is now .03 over (car is a T code from the factory, a previous owner converted it to V8).  It runs well and it's a lot easier to work on.  The car keeps the T5 and the 3:1 8-inch.  I will be doing some suspension work on it next, replacing the 71 spindles that a previous owner installed with CSRP units that (hopefully) use the same disc brake components, replacing the driver side floor panel, getting the AC hooked up and charged, then some tweaks to the body and paint to fix some areas with light damage incurred while it sat for 6 years in the garage, paint the new stock hood and get rid of the LeMans stripes.

Cheers to you all.

Last edited by John Ha (4/25/2020 5:45 AM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/25/2020 7:14 AM  #47

Vkt-66 wrote:

MS you have a problem !!
[size=75]ps ; did you change the time zone on the post clock or has it always been eastern time zone ?
[/size]

Set it for YOUR zone in your personal settings.

I said the bash starts in eastern since SC is in eastern time zone.

4/25/2020 7:16 AM  #48

John Ha wrote:

Dropping by on my way to the Margarita breakfast.  :-)

No photos of me - sorry.  Mitchell, SD to Myrtle Beach is about 1600 miles.  Bash thrash continues for me - I've finally started working on the car again this year after I burned out on it in 2014.  I replaced the 351W with a stock 250 6-cylinder from a 73 Maverick that was a standard bore but is now .03 over (car is a T code from the factory, a previous owner converted it to V8).  It runs well and it's a lot easier to work on.  The car keeps the T5 and the 3:1 8-inch.  I will be doing some suspension work on it next, replacing the 71 spindles that a previous owner installed with CSRP units that (hopefully) use the same disc brake components, replacing the driver side floor panel, getting the AC hooked up and charged, then some tweaks to the body and paint to fix some areas with light damage incurred while it sat for 6 years in the garage, paint the new stock hood and get rid of the LeMans stripes.

Cheers to you all.

Glad to see you back, John.

4/25/2020 7:19 AM  #49

MS wrote:

Ashamed as I am to admit this, I did almost the same thing when I backed mine off the U-Haul car trailer without putting the ramps down.  Ugh.

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/25/2020 7:22 AM  #50

My patina pics.  You usually just get to see the shiny stuff.  Here is a tour of the whole dirty deal.

From Canyon Lake, TX.  My drive to the SC 17th BASH was right at 1,200 miles.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.