FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2020 5:59 PM  #26

Re: Virtual BASH on April 25

A 'six-pack-of-belly washerz!! Nice

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............How can you dance the shag and NOT drink? I was taught your right hand was for holding your beer!!!  Come on Big Al!!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/21/2020 6:49 PM  #27

If I was coming I would've made it a FAST !! midnight run ( gum ball rally style )  
except for !!!!!
 I'm          STILL WORKING ON BASH THRASH ......
the larger  cross flow 3 core Radiator , 325 true tract 3 rd member , 5 leaf mid eye rear springs , R & R windshield rubber , and Remove the 65 dash pad and replace with the correct 66 pad ....

BUT still plan on visiting with all you on Saturday 

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/22/2020 7:02 PM  #28

Getting old Emberglo girl ready,, also working on car.  

Last edited by Don (4/22/2020 7:03 PM)

4/22/2020 8:17 PM  #29

almcgee wrote:

I don't drink anymore

How did I fall for that old line that my dad and his son used so often?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/25/2020 8:54 AM  #30

Just to get things rolling, I always bring something to share with the Bash

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/25/2020 11:16 AM  #31

4/25/2020 11:22 AM  #32

4/25/2020 11:40 AM  #33

YOU GUYS LOOK READY TO GO.  ALL OF THE ESSENTIALS.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

4/25/2020 11:56 AM  #34

I ve been trying to load my pics since 9:30 AM. I'll come back later.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

4/25/2020 12:32 PM  #35

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

4/25/2020 1:02 PM  #36

Brenda said turn around so we can get a front and back pic.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/25/2020 3:55 PM  #37

Closest I could get to a beach.  Wish I was there, or you all were here.  Cheers!

Edit: Can't get the image to upload.

Last edited by TKOPerformance (4/25/2020 4:09 PM)

4/28/2020 6:38 PM  #38

MS wrote:

The virtual bash starts at 10:00AM eastern daylight savings time on Saturday April 25. (Not to be confused with Hakan’s virtual shop tour on April 11.)

Ok, what the heck is a virtual bash?

Since we cannot actually attend in person, meet everyone and show off our cars, let’s do it with pictures. I will start a VIRTUAL BASH post on that day and time on the BASH INFORMATION forum section of FYIFORD.

Wear your bash shirt and post a picture of you and your car. Include anyone that would normally be attending with you. Get creative with your picture. I have a unique plan for mine.

Tell how many miles you would have had to drive, fly, walk or beam up to get to Myrtle Beach, SC.

Tell us where you are from.

Post as many pictures of details of your car. Show all the cool stuff you have done.

Try to post all that in just one post if you can so it doesn’t get too confusing! I know the pic posting can be challenging, so it doesn’t HAVE to be all in one post, but will help.

We can have some back-and-forth posts as the day progresses.

And, some of you will be happy to find out, this is the first bash ever where alcoholic beverage consumption is OK, and you won’t have to listen to me complaining if you want to smoke!

I just want to thank you for this pre bash. We were ready for the trip and are all ready planing next years why? because we want to meet all of you nice people face to face. Thanks again Chris and pat. See you next year.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/28/2020 6:51 PM  #39

Looking forward to meeting you folks also, Chris.  The invite to join us for part of the cruise is still open, we are about right on a straight line between Portland and Dallas. 

Our best to you.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/28/2020 6:55 PM  #40

Hello there, your quote says it all. ha ha so we are pepaired to due the cruise over again and again and again

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/28/2020 6:58 PM  #41

I am goint to tweek the car this summer and do a rebuild this fall. Thinking of a stock rebuild with edlebrook intake, cam a 500 or 650 carb shorty headers and I want to port my heads while its apart. Keeping it stockish

4/28/2020 8:51 PM  #42

If you're not going big inches I would recommend the 500 CFM pot.  Should give you all a stockish 289 or 302 is capable of and will be nice and driveable.  JMO

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/29/2020 2:06 PM  #43

Bullet Bob wrote:

If you're not going big inches I would recommend the 500 CFM pot.  Should give you all a stockish 289 or 302 is capable of and will be nice and driveable.  JMO

BB1

I have to agree with BB1, 500 CFM is all these little 289/302's need unless you up the inches and run at 6500 rpm.

I be at 8500 feet and my little 289 runs out of breath at 5500 RPM and so do I. Mostly it's because of my cam as I wanted torque on the low end for scooting around town, not racing. 

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

4/29/2020 4:18 PM  #44

Cams there is another question for my little 289 with C4. hat cam would we recommend for off idle to say 4500. Must remember this is just a driver looking to squezzzz fuel with the 2.80 gears

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.