FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2020 6:26 PM  #101

Re: OFFICIAL PLACE to put your 2020 VIRTUAL BASH AT THE BEACH pics

Love the Royse City masks, including for the pony.

4/25/2020 6:28 PM  #102

Stay tuned.  Announcement of next year’s bash coming up soon.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/25/2020 6:28 PM  #103

Rudi wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures for Dan, he's probobly still asleep in OZ.
 We had plans for him to try out the EPAS, hopefully another time.

Now that was funny. The name's Barry, Dan's from the UP in Michigan, a nice guy, so I understand ya getting us mixed up.   People tell me that once they've met me, they never forget .... useta think it was a compliment.
Can I get a rain check on the EPAS test drive?

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

4/25/2020 7:32 PM  #104

Doyle;  How close is that project anyway?  I like the PCM mount, just like Ford did it.  But, you'll want extra water guards there.  Our best to you and Rebecca.  Let's stay in touch so I can keep track of your progress.

Barry;  The Vert looks really good, and that headliner is right on.  Are you getting anything done on the '67?  Give Leonie a Hi-Hug for us.  We'll see ya when we see ya.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2020 7:40 PM  #105

Dan and Dianne Jamison
1965 Mustang Coupe (San Jose/289/C4/8”/2.80 Open)
Interior Decor/Center console/Factory A/C
‘92 5.0L/T5/8”/3.25 Currie Limited Slip
18x7.5 5.75bs w/1” wheel spacer
235/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S (x4)

2019-2020 mustang projects
Bash Thrash started in Oct 2019 - Apr 2020

Removed, rebuilt, refurbished, and/or replaced following:

8” differential-cleaned up inside and outside
Rear suspension-rear leafs and shackles
Front suspension-modifications upper and lower
Viking coil overs w/poly bushings
Steering-entire power steering system, steering gear box, rebuilt pump,
hoses, control valve, power ram...most importantly 65 spindles installed
Engine bracket/motor mounts- 66-70 style installed
New transmission mount
2016 Mustang GT front and rear disc brakes installed
and modified brake lines as needed
Minor coolant leaks repaired that started this spring

Many thanks to my wife and everyone here to make this happen.
I have a special “Thank you” for following folks:

Mustang Steve
James W
RJ Mc Cormick
TMoss
Daze
RPM...I mean Bearing Bob
Mustanger Mike
Rock Auto
Advanced Auto...Houghton,MI
Auto Value...Houghton, MI
Chockostang

Lake Superior in background at wife’s family camp.

Last edited by Nos681 (4/27/2020 6:10 AM)

4/25/2020 8:01 PM  #106

I apologize for th getting to the bash so late. I've been having myself some computer issues. These arn't all the pics I wanted to post but I have to do what I have to do to get to the bash. The yellow  Mustang is I did several years ago. I don't remember what year it was but it was Feb 14 the year is snowed real heavy in Dallas. Drove it home in the snow storm with no wipers. It was totally restored to stock, overhauled the engine and transmission as well and sold it for no profit at all a couple of months later. the blue one is one I have now in the hanger waiting for me to get with it. I've done the suspension and brakes. Got it drivable but a freeze plug rusted out. I have a pic of bot of us wearing our shirts and stuff but I can't upload it. Till next year, we're looking forward to it. Doug and Karen

Trivia: I bought it in Tucson in 1978 from the Pontiac dealer looking for a convertable. I am the third owner. I talked to both the previous owners after I bought it. The first owner ordered it and 3 more the same color from a Texas dealer but the standard version with 302's for his insurance business. He traded them at the end of the year. He ordered just his now mine in 1969 as a 1970 with Deluxe interior with A/C, power top, sport mirrors and few other extras. A 250 - 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual and 3.0 open differential. I put a homemade trailer hitch on it to pull a small tent trailer and went camping in northern AZ when I wasn't using it as a daily driver. Later on I put a 302 from a Galaxie in it and converted the engine to a Mustang engine when I found out it wouldn't hook up to the new 428 radiator I just bought. In 2004 I switched out the engine to the current one, painted the car and put on a new top, seat covers and carpet. I overhauled and changed the transmission to a C4. I replaced all the front end parts. In 2018 I bought a T5 and overhauled it and recently installed it.

Last edited by HudginJ3 (4/25/2020 8:42 PM)

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

4/25/2020 8:20 PM  #107

Nos681 wrote:

Dan and Dianne Jamison
1965 Mustang Coupe (San Jose/289/C4/8”/2.80 Open)
Interior Decor/Center console/Factory A/C
‘92 5.0L/T5/8”/3.25 Currie Limited Slip
18x7.5 5.75bs w/1” wheel spacer
235/40/18 Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S (x4)

2019-2020 mustang projects
Bash Thrash started in Oct 2019 - Apr 2020

Removed, rebuilt, refurbished, and/or replaced following:

8” differential-cleaned up inside and outside
Rear suspension-rear leafs and shackles
Front suspension-modifications upper and lower
Viking coil overs w/poly bushings
Steering-entire power steering system, steering gear box, rebuilt pump,
hoses, control valve, power ram...most importantly 65 spindles installed
Engine bracket/motor mounts- 66-70 style installed
New transmission mount
2016 Mustang GT front and rear disc brakes installed
and modified brake lines as needed
Minor coolant leaks repaired that started this spring

Many thanks to my wife and everyone here to make this happen.
I have a special “Thank you” for following folks:

Mustang Steve
James W
RJ Mc Cormick
TMoss
Daze
RPM...I mean Bearing Bob
Mustanger Mike
Rock Auto
Advanced Auto...Houghton,MI
Auto Value...Houghton, MI
Chockostang

I like that pose Lt. Dan......"Up against the car!......hands on the roof!.......spread 'em  spread'em...I SAID SPREAD'EM!!"
Missed you guys!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/25/2020 8:25 PM  #108

50vert wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures for Dan, he's probobly still asleep in OZ.
 We had plans for him to try out the EPAS, hopefully another time.

Now that was funny. The name's Barry, Dan's from the UP in Michigan, a nice guy, so I understand ya getting us mixed up.   People tell me that once they've met me, they never forget .... useta think it was a compliment.
Can I get a rain check on the EPAS test drive?

Sorry Barry, sincerely, I don’t know how I messed that up. I’ll fix it.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2020 8:48 PM  #109

Bullet Bob wrote:

Barry;  The Vert looks really good, and that headliner is right on.  Are you getting anything done on the '67?  Give Leonie a Hi-Hug for us.  We'll see ya when we see ya.

BB1

Honestly I've done nothing to it.  But surprisingly, this Virtual Bash has motivated me the same as a real Bash.
Today, I started to remove stuff to replace the incorrect Bendix booster with a correct Booster Dewey rebuilt Midland booster, I was lucky enough to score for $200. Gotta fit a distribution block and make some lines. It's so much harder with the 390 in the way, that I've been putting it off. Was gunna wait till the engine comes out. Butt ... not anymore.
Thanks guys.
Hugs to Jean, hope'ta see ya sooner, rather than later.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

4/25/2020 9:17 PM  #110

Thanks to 6sally6 for hosting this bash. I know alot of work went into planning, even though we had to make a few changes.  The pictures showing the places we could have visited were a great touch.

And a big thank you to everyone who posted here today at the virtual bash.  I really enjoyed seeing all the cars and “meeting” those who were attending their first bash.  Can’t wait to actually meet all of you in person.  I think every subsequent bash also should have a virtual bash component for those who cannot attend the actual live event.

This is the traditional time of the after-bash party where the location for the next bash is announced.  I am very happy to announce it will be held in Royse City, Texas, hosted by “Mochaman” Ed and Anna Benton. The date is not determined yet, but will be determined by whatever fits with Ed and Anna’s schedule, while taking into consideration the available travel dates of the attendees.  And we will be sure to order up some weather matching last year’s Michigan bash. 

Everyone be sure to have a safe drive home. No broken cranks or other parts failures allowed this time!

4/25/2020 9:41 PM  #111

I should probably let Anna know now. 

4/25/2020 11:17 PM  #112

Bolted to Floor wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Thank you Jim...thought I might escape but no, you caught me too.  Had a great laugh...wonderful.  Please give our best to Lorrie, Oretha, and Mike.  We'll do it again, just don't know when.

BB1

Got me too. Wish I did have an extra 1 piece crank in the trunk. The 2 piece cranks just don’t work well.

Pretty sure he didn't miss anyone. Good thing I didn't trek him about my fuel pump crapping out.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/26/2020 6:39 AM  #113

Bearing Bob wrote:

Bolted to Floor wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Thank you Jim...thought I might escape but no, you caught me too.  Had a great laugh...wonderful.  Please give our best to Lorrie, Oretha, and Mike.  We'll do it again, just don't know when.

BB1

Got me too. Wish I did have an extra 1 piece crank in the trunk. The 2 piece cranks just don’t work well.

Pretty sure he didn't miss anyone. Good thing I didn't trek him about my fuel pump crapping out.

I still have to get home. It was fun

4/26/2020 6:54 AM  #114

MS wrote:

Thanks to 6sally6 for hosting this bash. I know alot of work went into planning, even though we had to make a few changes. The pictures showing the places we could have visited were a great touch.

And a big thank you to everyone who posted here today at the virtual bash. I really enjoyed seeing all the cars and “meeting” those who were attending their first bash. Can’t wait to actually meet all of you in person. I think every subsequent bash also should have a virtual bash component for those who cannot attend the actual live event.

This is the traditional time of the after-bash party where the location for the next bash is announced. I am very happy to announce it will be held in Royse City, Texas, hosted by “Mochaman” Ed and Anna Benton. The date is not determined yet, but will be determined by whatever fits with Ed and Anna’s schedule, while taking into consideration the available travel dates of the attendees. And we will be sure to order up some weather matching last year’s Michigan bash.

Everyone be sure to have a safe drive home. No broken cranks or other parts failures allowed this time!

I'm betting Pizza will be on the menu at some point!!  Good thing is after June of 2021 Lisa should be able to attend!!!

4/26/2020 8:27 AM  #115

Photo of me and Vicki.  It was during my artsy Youth when I painted. Vicki was the model in painting on wall.  We dated later and then got married.  

Last edited by Don (4/26/2020 8:30 AM)

4/26/2020 9:09 AM  #116

Glens 1965 50 wrote:

Some of the Houston bunch.

Missed you, Glen!!!  Your pics did not work, if you posted some.

4/26/2020 9:10 AM  #117

Don wrote:

Photo of me and Vicki.  It was during my artsy Youth when I painted. Vicki was the model in painting on wall.  We dated later and then got married.  

First time we ever had anyone post a nude photo of their wife on here, Don...

4/26/2020 10:33 AM  #118

Thank you all for the Virtual Bash Trip. I will be scrolling through theses for days.  We were so looking forward to this trip. Now it looks like we will be rolling to Texas next year. Thats cool and then I think we will go up 66 to Chicago and NY. Maybe stop in and see a new friend in SC. Cant wait the trip is in the works again.
Chris & Pat  

Last edited by Cab4word67 (4/26/2020 10:36 AM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/26/2020 10:59 AM  #119

Pray all is well Coupedaddy and the Buzek Brothers 😂

4/26/2020 11:10 AM  #120

https://www.facebook.com/steve.wilkes.503/videos/3016921048344466/

Do NOT miss this video that Coupedaddy's daughters made in their quarantined boredom.  All I can say is they must be professionals at making videos.

There is not normally any favoritism at the bash.  We have a car show with no prizes so there is no competition going on.  BUT, if I were to give a bash prize for my favorite anything, this video would be the hands down winner.

Be sure your sound is on!

4/26/2020 11:40 AM  #121

MS wrote:

John Ha wrote:

Dropping by on my way to the Margarita breakfast.  :-)

Cheers to you all.

Glad to see you back, John.

Thanks Steve

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/26/2020 12:29 PM  #122

MS wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/steve.wilkes.503/videos/3016921048344466/

Do NOT miss this video that Coupedaddy's daughters made in their quarantined boredom.  All I can say is they must be professionals at making videos.

There is not normally any favoritism at the bash.  We have a car show with no prizes so there is no competition going on.  BUT, if I were to give a bash prize for my favorite anything, this video would be the hands down winner.

Be sure your sound is on!

WOW...super cool Coupedaddy 😎

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

4/26/2020 12:56 PM  #123

Pictures won't load. I can upload them to the sharing site, but they don't automatically post here!!!!

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/26/2020 1:40 PM  #124

I haven't posted pictures in years.  Here it goes.  Hey it worked.  SO here is my daughter's 65'  Looks the same as the Ft. Walton Bash.  I finally got the fuel gage to read but it only fills up to 3/4 of a tank.

Last edited by Ozblitz (4/26/2020 3:18 PM)

4/26/2020 1:41 PM  #125

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.