FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2020 9:34 AM  #1

Almost totaled the Coupe!

The Almost totaled the Coupe it found its way into a ditch! In the body shop now with a smoked harness from pulling it out 2 bent wheels two cracked wheels 2 flats and I broken drivers seat. The driver is ok I have a bruised shoulder sore back. God is good hate to see if I didn’t have power brakes from Mustang Steve to make them safe to drive really matters I almost let the insurance company total it and took the check then I thought about my FYI Brothers o well back to the drawing board.
Like Dan said without pictures it didn’t happen!!!

6/12/2020 9:48 AM  #2

Re: Almost totaled the Coupe!

Coupe,
Glad to hear you're basically OK. Please expand on what happened. I for one am glad you did not give it to the insurance company.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/12/2020 9:48 AM  #3

Thank God it's not any worse, and you're ok.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/12/2020 10:16 AM  #4

Dam.....I'm glad you're OK. 

What happened? 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

6/12/2020 10:26 AM  #5

So glad you are ok!!!!!

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/12/2020 12:24 PM  #6

I was going into the curve on a two lane Hwy and  the car in the opposite lane crossed the double yellow line a little and I got over to the right a little and the drop off was steep and it made the back of the  car swerved around I pulled it back and it sent me into on going teaffic I hit the power brakes from Mustang Steve and was able to swing to the other side of the road not hitting any cars and backwards into the ditch. Whew what a ride broke my drivers seat back in the process glad I had he big steering wheel to handle up on that manual steering Praying all is well with everyone! One might say with the new 331 and Shelby under rides I may have been in the curve  Like Carol Shelby lol 😂

Last edited by Coupedaddy (6/12/2020 12:27 PM)

6/12/2020 12:48 PM  #7

Thanks guys !

6/12/2020 1:01 PM  #8

So happy you are okay and that you didn't give it to the insurance Co.  I was afraid you were going to.  You cain't be Coupedaddy without a coupe. 

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/12/2020 4:08 PM  #9

Glad you're ok. Need to know what size drawers you wear...we're taking up a collection...

6/12/2020 4:16 PM  #10

So glad you're OK!  I'm sure you would'a regretted it forever if you gave it up ... I know how hard it was to find this one.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

6/12/2020 4:49 PM  #11

At first I had a laugh at the title of your post and then when I saw the photo I laughed a little more, BUT...
When I read the details of what happened, I wasn't laughing any more. Could have been so much worse! Personally, I think you handled both you and the car very well.
Good move to keep the car. Just let the dust settle and give yourself some time. This is what I would do anyway...

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

6/12/2020 6:38 PM  #12

I'm glad you are OK too!   Whewwwwwwww!,huh?
6sal6

PS Reminds me of what my Mother usta say.........."I was so scared....you couldn't have drove a hat pin up my a$$ with a sledge hammer"!

That's puckered up pretty tight!!

Last edited by 6sally6 (6/12/2020 6:41 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/12/2020 6:52 PM  #13

At least you didn’t hit that ice on the bridge.  Glad all is well.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/12/2020 8:02 PM  #14

Thank God all is well brother.

If you gave it up to insurance?
Your new name would be “D Couped Daddy”😂

6/12/2020 8:48 PM  #15

Nos681 wrote:

Thank God all is well brother.

If you gave it up to insurance?
Your new name would be “D Couped Daddy”😂

OR maybe............'Jake-from-State-Farm' Daddy!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/13/2020 8:07 AM  #16

Charles,

All kidding aside, Happy Days ahead.  Thankful for you and yours.  What damage to the coupe?

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

6/13/2020 8:35 AM  #17

Praying all is well with everyone! Damage to the Coupe wiring harness,drivers seat which is hard to find 4 rims front bent from Michigan trip in Indianapolis from pot holes and the accident back wheels are cracked leaked all the air out rear tires slight pass fender bent at the bottom & front suspension the good news is I am ok and the fusible links did its job I was able to put a hot wire on the coil so the computer for the fuel injection didn’t fry it was good to hear the engine may only be the headlamp harness that I need that damage came from the hook grounded out the harness when pulling it out the ditch. Oh And I need a new pair of “Draws” I am thinking tag less and fire 🔥 proof  and stronger elastic tight around the thigh leak proof lol when I start driving it again

Last edited by Coupedaddy (6/13/2020 8:37 AM)

6/13/2020 10:58 AM  #18

Just read the post and am very thankful that you and the coupe are ok , parts and cars can be replaced but not the Coupe Daddy you were very blessed that your time was not yet.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

6/13/2020 3:13 PM  #19

Glad your ok and that you will be keeping the car.

6/13/2020 6:40 PM  #20

Wow sorry to hear that!

6/14/2020 5:15 PM  #21

Charles,

I am really glad you are O.K.  

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

6/14/2020 7:52 PM  #22

Wow Coupe, I'm just now seeing this. PTL your OK.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

6/14/2020 8:18 PM  #23

Glad you are OK. The car can be fixed.

6/14/2020 10:12 PM  #24

Thank god you are OK. Dont worry about the car it is alway fixable. And from what we can see not much. Really glad your ok

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

6/15/2020 7:15 AM  #25

As many others have said, cars are fixable, this just gives you a reason to modify/change something.

Thank GOD no one was hurt!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.