FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2020 7:48 AM  #26

Re: FPA HEADERS

I'd avoid the long tubes, especially on a lowered car.  Not worth the headache, nor the inability to go over speed bumps. 

Personally I'm not a fan of BBK stuff.  I used tons of it on Fox bodies over the years and IMO its all cheap garbage.  It fits decent and looks good for a while, but in 10 years it looks like crap.

Nothing wrong with JBAs if they fit your application.  I have a set on my '67 (had to dent one tube pretty good to clear my Borgesson box) and another on my '89 GT.  First rate quality, just wish the set on my '67 had one tube reworked to clear an extremely common modification on these cars, or a note that they don't clear before I bought them. 

10/25/2020 5:16 PM  #27

Wow it seams kinda a waste to dent new headers. From what I have been told the FPA long tube headers dont need to be hammered and dont hang below the bell housing. That makes me thing they may be the route to go. I guess we will see. I am getting ready to pull the 289 soon and will plan my journey from there on.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

10/25/2020 8:48 PM  #28

Here's a couple pics of my FPAs. As you can see, they are above my subframe connectors and are invisible from the side.

stock wrx 0 60

10/26/2020 3:48 AM  #29

Those sure do fit and look great.

Chaplin wrote:

Here's a couple pics of my FPAs. As you can see, they are above my subframe connectors and are invisible from the side.

stock wrx 0 60

10/26/2020 2:26 PM  #30

Today I got out of work on time so I tried to call Stan today from FPA but was unable to reach him.  I'm hoping this week is slow so I can work on the mustang some more.  

10/26/2020 2:45 PM  #31

RTM

Just have to be careful when the headers are listed for 260-351w.

They may hang low on 260,289,& 302’s.

Not a great combo if car is lowered.

If it requires a power steering drop bracket, the header will hang low.

10/26/2020 3:25 PM  #32

My car has the Rod & Custom front end so there is no need for a PS drop bracket but being its an MII front end does changes things.  This is also why I've been researching this on and off for a several months.  I think I have an old post on here about it.

The JBA headers I posted are recommended by R&C, so I know they will work.  My next question is will it be worth it to purchase the FPA headers versus the JBA.  For now I'm pretty confident that it's between these two headers for my project.  FPA has tried to reach me a few times last week but I worked late every day and was unable to answer his call.  I do want to hear what Stan from FPA has to offer/say.  

Nos681 wrote:

RTM

10/26/2020 8:18 PM  #33

Nos681 wrote:

RTM

I have a 302 based engine in my car.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.