FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2022 7:56 AM  #1

Yikes sad to say Caution might cause heart attack

Yep  sad I have seat time in all three

9/12/2022 10:30 AM  #2

Re: Yikes sad to say Caution might cause heart attack

Nah, most cars are just a turbo away from being fun!

Or a @#$% ton of nitrous!

9/12/2022 12:41 PM  #3

I had a 73 Gremlin X Levi Edition. I loved that car. Paid $800 for it. The guy said the motor was shot cause it smoked a lot on start up. Turned out it had bad valve seals. Less than $10 to fix it back in the day. The car was only5 years old when I bought it. Sold it a year later for $1200. I’m one of the few that liked the look of it.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/12/2022 2:11 PM  #4

One of the best cars I have owned was a 1978 Gremlin!!

9/12/2022 3:29 PM  #5

image hosting

How about this paint scheme!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/12/2022 7:07 PM  #6

terry wrote:

One of the best cars I have owned was a 1978 Gremlin!!

Terry I think you live a sheltered life!!!

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

9/12/2022 8:29 PM  #7

I had a 75 Pinto MPG station wagon.  2.3L, four speed, no AC. I thought it was a good car. Very little to go wrong.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/13/2022 5:30 AM  #8

Bolted to Floor wrote:

image hosting

I once read that a Pinto was more aerodynamic going backward than forward. The obvious reason for the flame direction.

9/13/2022 2:18 PM  #9

My wife purchased a new 73 Vega GT, ran great until the thermostate stuck closed, overheated resulting in it burning oil at about a quart every 75 miles.  Changed the engine, and kept it to about 127,000 miles, when the rust required more attention I was willing to attack.  
Also had a used 73 Pinto wagon, used it until the door rust got so bad I had to get out the passenger door.
I didn't push my luck to try for the trifactor with a Gremlin! 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

9/13/2022 5:26 PM  #10

I bought a new 74 Pinto SW in 75 that was only driven from NJ to AZ from a Dodge dealer. It was sitting in the back of the lot because it had no options on it except the wood trim. I put factory air from a wreaked 75 and drove the wheels off it. Good looking fun little car.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/14/2022 5:41 AM  #11

Texas! wrote:

Bolted to Floor wrote:

image hosting

I once read that a Pinto was more aerodynamic going backward than forward. The obvious reason for the flame direction.

I think the flames were a reference to catching fire when they got hit in the rear.

9/14/2022 6:01 AM  #12

Well I'll have to admit I had a 72 Vega given to me in 78 with a blown motor. Found a used motor for $100 and drove the car to school in Columbus. 4th gear went replaced with a 3 speed, eventually found another 4 speed. Somewhere in there replaced the clutch. Could change that transmission blind folded. Them motors were kwon for burning oil once you over heated them. Would use a quart from Columbus to home, pull in a gas station "fill the oil and check the gas". I would say just make it until I graduate. My last day out there I stopped at Burger King for lunch, slammed the door shut and it bounced back open. Door latch had rusted off. Tied it shut and drove it home, done.
     Friends mom and a Gremlin, rode around a lot it that car during high school. Over all had a lot of fun in both those cars!

9/14/2022 7:49 AM  #13

wsinsle wrote:

Texas! wrote:

Bolted to Floor wrote:

image hosting

I think the flames were a reference to catching fire when they got hit in the rear.

Exactly!! I thought it was hilarious.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/15/2022 11:44 AM  #14

Bolted to Floor wrote:

image hosting

This looks like the same car my buddy painted way back in the day but the flames were on the front not the rear.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.