FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2023 10:19 AM  #51

Re: 65 is coming right along......SO MUCH FOR ORIGINAL

Very Nice work.   I took a simi rare original GT and for the last 34 years been adding up grades.  I also put on frt h4 bulb housing with led plug in light bulb modules.  Also led interior  bulbs everywhere.   

NOW PLEASE drive the crap out of your car.  ITS WORTH IT.        

2/01/2023 5:27 PM  #52

Took the original York Compressor A/C off and using a Saden compressor from a kit I bought for my old car 15 years ago also upgraded the condenser to a bigger one like goes with the 24 inch radiator. I still have the under dash unit from kit and all the wiring if somebody needs it.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

2/01/2023 5:32 PM  #53

Don wrote:

Very Nice work.   I took a simi rare original GT and for the last 34 years been adding up grades.  I also put on frt h4 bulb housing with led plug in light bulb modules.  Also led interior  bulbs everywhere.   

NOW PLEASE drive the crap out of your car.  ITS WORTH IT.        

my 65 looked all original the guy was showing it in Concourse type shows I took rear tag off nd it even had the sticker on there about something....I have changed about everything ...made it better in my opinion.....faster,more power, handles better better gas milage, better seats....better stereo and speakers. people say save the old parts you may wat to put them back on or sell them with it....I say original is boring and it aint for sale.

2/08/2023 6:45 AM  #54

Fired it up and has a lot of lifter noise...hoping it goes away 

2/08/2023 4:14 PM  #55

Where'z the durn video!!!!!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/08/2023 7:43 PM  #56

6sally6 wrote:

Where'z the durn video!!!!!!
6sal6

SOON

2/09/2023 10:20 AM  #57

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

push rod length ?

2/09/2023 12:02 PM  #58

mjacobs wrote:

push rod length ?

And proper valve adjustment.  If everything is right the lifters should quiet down in just a few seconds.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

2/09/2023 5:34 PM  #59

Did you prime the engine before starting?  I like to prime them and watch each rocker arm for oil flow before I start them.  Car looks great.  You have come a long ways in your journey.

2/09/2023 8:00 PM  #60

RTM wrote:

Did you prime the engine before starting?  I like to prime them and watch each rocker arm for oil flow before I start them.  Car looks great.  You have come a long ways in your journey.

Primed and it has quitened some

2/12/2023 12:17 PM  #61

Congratulations on all the work.  It's nice to have friends to pitch in.  Will we get to see it at the bash?

Last edited by almcgee (2/12/2023 12:17 PM)

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

2/13/2023 2:35 PM  #62

almcgee wrote:

Congratulations on all the work.  It's nice to have friends to pitch in.  Will we get to see it at the bash?

Planning to so far....just trying to figure out if I will need thursday night at that hotel or if that is the day we leave the house. I am thinking we gonna travel hwy 10.

2/13/2023 2:36 PM  #63

almcgee wrote:

Planning to so far....just trying to figure out if I will need thursday night at that hotel or if that is the day we leave the house. I am thinking we gonna travel hwy 10.

2/18/2023 10:04 PM  #64

I am ready for some warm weather. bout ready to order a third member....thinking about the 3.80.1 gear instead of the 3.55.1

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.